• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fruits of Castro's Soil Pass No.1

bfreebern said:

Alright, Let's give this a try:

25. Take - Hoyo de Monterey EL 2007 Regalos TEB SEP 07 -- Put - Hoyo de Monterrey EL 2007 Regalos USE OCT 07 (How's that for even?)

Not sure the point on this one.  You're taking an October box code and putting a September box code?

My guess is he is trying a smoke from a different month to see if there is a difference.

Tall Paul said:
Alright, Let's give this a try:

25. Take - Hoyo de Monterey EL 2007 Regalos TEB SEP 07 -- Put - Hoyo de Monterrey EL 2007 Regalos USE OCT 07 (How's that for even?)

Not sure the point on this one.  You're taking an October box code and putting a September box code?

My guess is he is trying a smoke from a different month to see if there is a difference.
Yup.

bfreebern said:
Ok, I've never seen that before............carry on.

You're going to see it again.  I have one from April 07 that I have been just dying to get rid of

Gavin said:
Package has landed, safe and sound. 
I'll try to get P/T's up tonight.

I would like to hand-deliver this to Charley on Saturday at the herf if possible.
Did this move to Charley yesterday?

Yes, smoked the whole thing at the herf, so generous of you!

The bus boy loved the HDM EL we gave him!

emoshun said:
Yes, smoked the whole thing at the herf, so generous of you!

The bus boy loved the HDM EL we gave him!
Good to hear... :laugh:

It did indeed. We made an exchange in the parking lot like true criminals.

Well, this one won't make it's way into the Pass... ???

image_zpsd41105c3.jpg

It got caught in the top magnet of my Aristocrat...

ironpeddler said:

image_zpsd41105c3.jpg

Guess you will need to smoke it :)

Gentlemen, I have the pass. I will check it out tonight and put together some puts and takes in the morning.

Capt J said:

image_zpsd41105c3.jpg

Guess you will need to smoke it :)

Very nice looking Behike and Petit Belicosos... 

Ok. So here is what I've come up with.

Take: #18 PSP2
Put: Monte #2 FEB 12

Take: #23 Hoyo de Montery Epicure #2
Put: Punch Punch 07

Take: #32 RJ Wide Churchill
Put: H. Upmann Royale Robusto Jun 13

Take: #35 RA Allones Extra EL 2011
Put: H. Upmann Mag 50 EL 2005

Discuss.

Charley said:

Discuss.

Is the Royal Robusto from the LCDH release in 2011? Have they released more than the initial 5000 boxes in 2011?

Charley said:

Discuss.

Charley way too generous brother. This one is my only concern. 6 year difference on a EL is going to be tough to keep replacing down the line. RA EL still readilly available and the Upmanns not some much so. Limited availability but a bit pricey.

Maybe this can be a good idea, and let this be the "you can try this very special cigar, if you can replace it with the same high quality" part of the trade... It could give everyone a "pass" at one of the great one's...

Tall Paul said:
Discuss.

Is the Royal Robusto from the LCDH release in 2011? Have they released more than the initial 5000 boxes in 2011?
They must have released more. This is from a fiver I bought and I saw the box code. It was definitely Jun 13.

Tall Paul said:
Discuss.

Have they released more than the initial 5000 boxes in 2011?
Yes. Last box I received was ABR 12. Hopefully, this wonderful cigar will become a regular production item.

*EDIT: ^^^ Good to know, Charlie!!

Light this! said:
Discuss.

Charley way too generous brother. This one is my only concern. 6 year difference on a EL is going to be tough to keep replacing down the line. RA EL still readilly available and the Upmanns not some much so. Limited availability but a bit pricey.
If this is too far off then maybe I can change it. Or.......we can go with Sids suggestion. Whatever the group is more comfortable with.