• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Fuente 20 Years Opus X

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
IMG_4911.JPG IMG_4910.JPG

Does anyone know anything about these cigars? I was at the local shop and they had most of a box of the 20th Father and Son so I bought a couple for $21 each, not sure if I should get more. I am pretty much out of the Fuente loop so I'm not sure what the buzz about these particular sticks is. I'll probably smoke one tonight. The box is flashy and well done, and the guy there said the one that buys the last stick gets the box. LOL I may have bought the box if there weren't some already missing.

Last edited:
I did a bit more research on these and the ones I bought are the 6.25 by 49. A nice size. I'm about 2/3rds finished with one of them and it is a very good stick, rather medium body with good flavors and well constructed. The sites I looked at had them for sale for $31+ but were out of stock everywhere. One of the reviews had them at 95 pts. and another Halfwheel at 87 for the 56 ring gauge. Looks like they came out in February or so. Again, I'm behind in the arena of Fuente sticks. I'm trying to decide if they are worth $21 per before getting more.

Good luck finding more, I'm guessing sites that have them for 31 are out of stock? Seen people paying alot more for them, 20ish a stick I may jump , but at 30$ ill pass lol

Good luck finding more, I'm guessing sites that have them for 31 are out of stock? Seen people paying alot more for them, 20ish a stick I may jump , but at 30$ ill pass lol

If you want some I will call tomorrow and buy the rest of the box and offer some to the rest of the BOTL 's here. Every site I've seen is out of stock.

I bought a few when they were first released. Don't believe the hype. I might have built them up in my mind to be more than what they actually were. Now I'm sitting on the few I have left in hopes the get better with some downtime.

I got 2 when they came out. It reminded me of the angel shares, but a little more mild. I'd be down for two more, but at $20 a pop, they pricey for what you get, IMHO.

Now the Oscuro Oro (yellow box) Opus are my new favorites.

Nice looking out for fellow BOTLs!

Some love them, some hate em. I think they're pretty damn good. I had one of the 6.25 x 49 size and most reviews rank it the highest. I've got two more. Bought at $25 each and I think they were worth it. God of fire goes for around $30 each most places, larger Opus X go for $20-$30 in most places and Angel's Share Opus X for $18-25 in most places. All of em worth it if you like Fuentes in my opinion.

Enjoyed the one I tried, but out of all of the Opus, Angel's Share and the little #5's are where I focus. Would be hard to pass up a good price on these though, for sure.

Enjoyed the one I tried, but out of all of the Opus, Angel's Share and the little #5's are where I focus. Would be hard to pass up a good price on these though, for sure.

Those #5 are my favorite as well.

I probably wouldn't be scared to grab 2 if you had extras Larry. LMK.

I bought 4 when they came out. Tried one and wasn't all that impressed. Hoping age helps but I'm doubting it. Really didn't feel much different than a regular OpusX to me.

I bought 4 when they came out. Tried one and wasn't all that impressed. Hoping age helps but I'm doubting it. Really didn't feel much different than a regular OpusX to me.

Gosh after your post I really feel like I screwed all the BOTLS who bought them, LOL, after I went through all the hard work to get them, post it up, print mailing labels make trades and blah blah blah. At least the label is pretty. Below is a copy of what one review said, so maybe they do get a bit better.

95%
Summary This cigar was so much better after a couple months of rest. When I first smoked it, I knew it was good, but not as special as I hoped. This time it was special. This 20th Anniversary Opus is nothing like the regular opus. It is medium bodied and nuanced, not in your face strength. The construction was almost perfect and the flavors were balanced. I only look forward to how this will age years on. Definitely recommend if you can find them.

Gosh after your post I really feel like I screwed all the BOTLS who bought them, LOL, after I went through all the hard work to get them, post it up, print mailing labels make trades and blah blah blah. At least the label is pretty. Below is a copy of what one review said, so maybe they do get a bit better.

95%
Summary This cigar was so much better after a couple months of rest. When I first smoked it, I knew it was good, but not as special as I hoped. This time it was special. This 20th Anniversary Opus is nothing like the regular opus. It is medium bodied and nuanced, not in your face strength. The construction was almost perfect and the flavors were balanced. I only look forward to how this will age years on. Definitely recommend if you can find them.

Ha! Well take my review with a grain of salt. :) I'm certainly not anyone's idea of an expert cigar enthusiast. Sometimes not being able to distinguish a difference is a palate issue more than an issue in the cigar. But that review gives me some hope. I don't recall if I tried mine ROTT but it wouldn't surprise me if I did. I do that too often. :)