• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting ready to upgrade the forum - need some volunteers

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I'm getting ready to apply a new update to the forum, going from v1 to v2. We have a couple of threads that include hundreds of links to cigar reviews.

Example:
https://www.cigarpass.com/threads/kingantz-review-thread.48249/

You'll notice if you mouse over one of the review links, it shows one URL, but if you click it, it then redirects to the correct/new URL. I need to update the list to the new URL's only, as I am going to be getting rid of the redirect script.

I need help updating the list of links... If you want to volunteer, please let me know. I'll send you the data file, and you just need to update the old URL to the new URL.

Thanks,
Rod

What's the deadline to get this done by? I'm willing to help but I'll be going out of the country ofor a week starting this Friday. I can definitely take care of that one thread you posted before I leave but you mentioned that you have a couple and that's why I'm asking about the deadline.

No rush. I'd like to upgrade within the next few weeks if possible, but I first want to do some clean up.

I've got time on my hands. Be glad to help, but I'm by no means a computer guy.

Doc

Sounds like you have enough, but let me know. Love to help!

I second that, can't it be scripted or edited in excel where we can auto fix everything?

Thank you all for the support! :)

I am certain it can be scripted, I just don't have the knowledge on how to write such a script.