• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting Your Feet Wet Pass #4

Capt J said:
I am in if you will have me.
Honored to have you J!

Maybe things will fall right where you, Frank, and myself can do the final hand off!

OK guys, the way I see it between Brian & I...in the grand scenario of Hollywood Police movies...I'm the "Good Cop" of this duo.  :laugh: That's why I said to PM me with any of your questions. 

I just loved his Rule #1...

1) This must either your first or second pass here on Cigar Pass. If you're really new though, I want to see activity from you between now and the start or I will replace you.

:rolleyes:

Don't worry about a thing, I'll handle him  :sign:

A couple of things...The pricing part is fun and it will teach you about vendors and give you a feel for a larger part of the cigar market. After you've been in a few Passes, it's amazing how much you retain from all the discussions we have. You'll be sitting at a B&M or a buddy's house and someone will bring up a cigar, and even if you haven't smoked one, you'll know it's characteristics, popularity, it's background, blend, etc and general price point because it came up in a Pass. It really does take your knowledge to the next level. Then you'll see that you take what you've learned and apply it to your everyday cigar purchasing by shopping around and in turn learn about other cigars along the way.

You can almost say it teaches us a 'discipline' to selecting, pricing, and then enjoying a good smoke...that's why Brian sponsors these Passes for the CP guys. The things I learned from my first Pass 6 years ago (and having smoked cigars for over 30 yrs) I still practice today when I look for new sticks. Pretty cool stuff.

Also, during EVERY pass, there are tons of PMs being sent out behind the scenes asking questions that some members don't want to post publicly...and that's NORMAL. We all can feel a little intimidated at times after joining one of these, so rather than feel that way, PM one of us (even Brian!) and we'll be happy to walk you through any issues or questions you may have.

The bottom line is this, we're all B/SOTL and want to help each other, that's why we put the time & effort into running a Pass. It truly is a labor of love for Brian who very much enjoys giving back to this community...and that's why I'm honored to be a part of one of his passes!

Join away guys!

ironpeddler said:
OK guys, the way I see it between Brian & I...in the grand scenario of Hollywood Police movies...I'm the "Good Cop" of this duo.  :laugh: That's why I said to PM me with any of your questions. 

1) This must either your first or second pass here on Cigar Pass. If you're really new though, I want to see activity from you between now and the start or I will replace you.

A couple of things...The pricing part is fun and it will teach you about vendors and give you a feel for a larger part of the cigar market. After you've been in a few Passes, it's amazing how much you retain from all the discussions we have. You'll be sitting at a B&M or a buddy's house and someone will bring up a cigar, and even if you haven't smoked one, you'll know it's characteristics, popularity, it's background, blend, etc and general price point because it came up in a Pass. It really does take your knowledge to the next level. Then you'll see that you take what you've learned and apply it to your everyday cigar purchasing by shopping around and in turn learn about other cigars along the way.

You can almost say it teaches us a 'discipline' to selecting, pricing, and then enjoying a good smoke...that's why Brian sponsors these Passes for the CP guys. The things I learned from my first Pass 6 years ago (and having smoked cigars for over 30 yrs) I still practice today when I look for new sticks. Pretty cool stuff.

Also, during EVERY pass, there are tons of PMs being sent out behind the scenes asking questions that some members don't want to post publicly...and that's NORMAL. We all can feel a little intimidated at times after joining one of these, so rather than feel that way, PM one of us (even Brian!) and we'll be happy to walk you through any issues or questions you may have.

The bottom line is this, we're all B/SOTL and want to help each other, that's why we put the time & effort into running a Pass. It truly is a labor of love for Brian who very much enjoys giving back to this community...and that's why I'm honored to be a part of one of his passes!

Join away guys!
Don't forget, I can ALWAYS replace you!  :sign:

Jonesy said:

Join away guys!
Don't forget, I can ALWAYS replace you!  :sign:

See what I mean guys!  :laugh:

I gotcha all covered...

:D No soup for you! NEXT!!

I have waited lo these many years to catch a beginner's pass still open and here it is. I hope I'm ready and you'll have me.

Is it soup yet?

vortex said:
:D No soup for you! NEXT!!

I have waited lo these many years to catch a beginner's pass still open and here it is. I hope I'm ready and you'll have me.

Is it soup yet?
Absolutely!

I've been lurking and looking for an excuse to try to become a little more active here. If you'll have me I'll get in on this and we'll see if maybe it will get me a bit more involved here.

ironpeddler said:
OK guys, the way I see it between Brian & I...in the grand scenario of Hollywood Police movies...I'm the "Good Cop" of this duo.  :laugh:

MV5BMjM0Nzg2NzI0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTIxMDQzMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

kingbeefy said:
I've been lurking and looking for an excuse to try to become a little more active here. If you'll have me I'll get in on this and we'll see if maybe it will get me a bit more involved here.
No offense, but you're going to have to get a lot more active a little more quickly since you've only got 13 posts in 1 year. I'd have to think about this one.

I'm in!!! Thanks for hosting and a big thanks for the PM otherwise I may not have seen this in time. Should be a lot of fun and can't wait to learn the art of pass.

Brian and Gary, thanks for doing this.  I think this is the first newb pass since Jake's in 2011.  I look forward to watching this, both because I think it'll be entertaining and because I still have a lot to learn.

No offense, but you're going to have to get a lot more active a little more quickly since you've only got 13 posts in 1 year. I'd have to think about this one.

Not offended. I'm very active on another board and would like to dabble here a bit. I thought this would force me to exit lurker stage and enter active stage. I'm good either way. Let me know. Thanks.

I'll vouch for him, Jonesy, if that helps. He's a goodfella and he gets it.

Doc

Wow, I'm a bit humbled you would vouch for me doc. I really appreciate it and hope I can live up to it.
I might even get a picture uploaded and fill out my profile. You just never can tell. We'll see.

Devil Doc said:
I'll vouch for him, Jonesy, if that helps. He's a goodfella and he gets it.

Doc
Alright Beefy, if Doc says you're good, I don't argue with Doc. You're in. Still want to see a little activity out of you between now and the pass though.

Only 4 spots left for a pass starting in 4 months....better get to it guys!