• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Getting Your Feet Wet Pass #4

kingbeefy said:
I had a busy night with my daughter's choir concert (the posting I did was while waiting for it to start). I have a busy day ahead at work today, but I should be able to get this done tonight. I hope that's not too late.

That's not too late, but sooner rather than later. The idea of Brian's exercise here is to dry run the pricing procedure so we're all on the same page as to how this works. The one thing that gets annoying during any Pass is that the same old questions are asked and answered over and over again. We're all smart guys here. Don't over-question or over-think all this. Just take your time, pay attention, and figure it out. Before you ask a question, take a moment to READ all the past posts because the question you're about to ask may have been answered already...so stay current on the day-to-day happenings of this Pass. 

We all have a Life and things come up on a daily basis, so tonight will be fine...but 4 days from now shows us something we won't like to see. It's better to pop into the Pass thread on a daily basis to see what's going on, once you don't check in for 3-4 days, a lot has happened and it takes a good amount of time to get back up to speed. Done in more frequent and shorter doses seems to work the best. 

Remember, when you signed up you took on a responsibility to participate at a certain level and it's up to you to honor your commitment to all your Pass brothers. Five or ten minutes a day is not a lot to ask. 

Once we all get in the groove, this will run like clockwork and be a ton of fun guys! 

Like Gary said, it's always good to pop into the thread from time to time to see what's going on and make sure you're not missing anything. Since the pass won't be starting up for a while, Sunday evening seems like a good cut off date for getting your initial pricing done.

Cigar #1
HEX Figurado by Sindicato Cigars
Smoke Inn $137/21 cigars per box = single price of $6.52
Serious Cigars $137/21 cigars per box = single price of $6.52
Holt's box N/A
CI box N/A

Average price: $6.52

Cigar #2
Arturo Fuente WOAM
Smoke Inn $182.79/25 cigars per box = single price of $7.31
Serious Cigars $189.95/25 cigars per box = single price of $7.59
Holt's box $189.95/25 cigars per box = single price of $7.59
CI box N/A

$7.31 + $7.59 + $7.59 = $22.49
$22.49 / 3 = $7.49 avg price

I am #4 on the line up so my cigars are #7 and #8 which are Ortega Series D#12 Maduro and Ortega Series D#12 Natural.

Holt's does not carry them. Only one vendor had boxes of 20cigars so the 10 cigar box price was used.

Cigar international 10 Box price; $70.50 = $7.05/unit for Maduro and Natural
Smoke Inn's 10 Box price; $64.00 = $6.40/unit for Maduro and Natural
Serious Cigars 10 Box price; $56.50 = $5.65/unit Maduro and Natural

The average of the three unit prices is $6.37

Good job so far guys! I've added Famous as a reference also if you can't find a price with the other 4 vendors I've listed.

I'm number 12 on the list, so that gives me cigars 23 and 24.

#23 - La Riqueza Belicoso

SI: $209.95/25 = $8.40
Holts: $212.95/25 = $8.52
CI: n/a
Serious: $231.50/25 = $9.26

La Riqueza Beli average = $8.73

#24 - La Jugada Prieto Belicoso

SI: $149.95/20 = $7.50
Holts: n/a
CI: $148.95/20 = $7.45
Serious: n/a
Famous: $149.99/20 = $7.50

La Jugada Beli average = $7.48

ETA La Jugada pricing

Slick300 said:
I'm number 12 on the list, so that gives me cigars 23 and 24.

#23 - La Riqueza Belicoso

SI: $209.95/25 = $8.40
Holts: $212.95/25 = $8.52
CI: n/a
Serious: $231.50/25 = $9.26

La Riqueza average = $8.73

#24 - La Jugada Prieto

Could not price this yet as there was no vitola specified. One I have this info, I will get the pricing up here.
My apologies, it's a belicoso

Jonesy said:
Good job so far guys! I've added Famous as a reference also if you can't find a price with the other 4 vendors I've listed.

Great idea Brian, this will afford us another source with a large inventory and will also give us the price structure of a PA cigar discounter.  :thumbs:

ironpeddler said:

Great idea Brian, this will afford us another source with a large inventory and will also give us the price structure of a PA cigar discounter.  :thumbs:

You're so humble Shorty!  :laugh:

What is this an economics pass? I was told there would be no math and wtf is MSRP have to do with the price of tea in China?

tone-ny said:
What is this an economics pass? I was told there would be no math and wtf is MSRP have to do with the price of tea in China?
You are mistaken....this is MSRP:

tone-ny said:

Simple Ant...

equation_zpse40b0acc.gif

kingbeefy said:

You are mistaken....this is MSRP:

Uh oh, I just hit that link. My eyes feel real bad now.

First rule of fight club don't clicky on linky by Grateful1!

Yeah, I hit the link too on my ipad just as a coworker walked by with a WTF look.