• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gin

cabaiguan juan

Vote Panda 2024
anyone here drink gin neat? Just listened to a Sharing Our Pairing where they paired gin with a Ritmo. Kinda intrigued what’s your experience?

I like Gin on the rocks with blue cheese stuffed olives before a steak dinner. Mostly Tanqueray, Bombay and Boodles gin but never straight. The one time I did it was in Holland and I asked for the best gin in the house (as gin was concocted in Holland) so I could fully absorb the flavors, it was some kind of Bols and the bottle was in a gunnysack wrap, I took a sip and then asked to see the bottle close up because I wasn’t sure it was really intended for human consumption. Tasted like I would imagine dirty socks would taste, so no more straight up gin me.

I’ll admit that the idea of drinking room temperature gin sounds awful but I imagine that others have do so and lived. But I suppose it can also be an acquired taste.

Golfgar has me envisioning a dry martini in a rocks glass. That I can try.

I like a dry Hendricks gin martini but juniper berries are just an absolutely revolting flavor to me. I blame a bad episode with Tanqueray (and Mad Dog 20/20, lol) back in my Seabee days.

~Boar

Can’t stomach the taste of the Juniper Berries to be able to drink Gin neat. Gin and tonic using Bombay Sapphire is about all I can do.

My sister in law also makes a nice Gin and Tonic using Hendricks with a slice of lime and cucumber.

I'm not a gin guy buy a buddy of mine swears by Nolet gin. I've tasted it and it was good, but all gin tastes like drinking cologne to me.

I’m particularly fond of very dry Tanqueray martinis, stirred not shaken, and when I say dry I mean desert dry. When smoking, I always acompany it with a stick medium to strong bodied. I’ve tried most gins and find them to my disliking with the exception of Bombay Saphire which is too smooth and that can be very dangerous!

Not really, but I've done some Gin tastings where you try it straight. Easier to mix with water when tasting so your nose isn't dried up by all the alcohol when you try to nose it.
There is a bar a few blocks from my house that has over 600 Gins - White Chapel (SF, CA). One of my favorite bars.

My sister in law also makes a nice Gin and Tonic using Hendricks with a slice of lime and cucumber.

I do a Hendricks & tonic with muddled cucumber that's super refreshing, but not everyone likes bits of stuff floating in their drink like that.

~Boar

I like a dry Hendricks gin martini but juniper berries are just an absolutely revolting flavor to me. I blame a bad episode with Tanqueray (and Mad Dog 20/20, lol) back in my Seabee days.

~Boar
Which is why I don't drink bourbon.
As far a gin goes, I only drink it when I'm having martinis, but I do like them very, very, dry. Wave the vermouth cork over the gin dry. I prefer Beefeaters.

Doc