• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

God of Fire by Carlito, Piramide 2006

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s nice out on the back porch this morning. The Sun’s not quite up yet, so it’s still cool with a soft breeze blowing. I pulled out a GOF Piramide 2006 Carlito blend that has a smooth Cameroon wrapper with minimal veins and only a little oil that I can see. It has very little give when squeezed and is a tad bit light in the hand. I clip the tapered cap at an angle and find a slightly loose draw with a taste of good tobacco.

I have the cigar burning well in no time with smoke flowing freely, actually a little too freely as the draw is definitely a bit loose. There’s a very good white pepper spice on the back of the throat in the initial draw and the smoke is full bodied right from the start. I find the smoke very smooth and rich with tastes of sweet vanilla, toasted nuts, and wood.

I have some concern regarding the Cameroon wrapper as it typically wants to crack and unravel, however it’s actually burning sharp with no issues at all. The draw too is working really well with a perfect amount of full-bodied smoke coming through. Tastes are consistent throughout with a lasting, rich finish.

This was a very good cigar with sharp burn, strong medium gray ash, very rich flavor, and incredibly good, lasting finish on the palate. I wouldn’t say this is a good morning cigar, more of an after dinner type smoke, however it was most enjoyable for me as I do love a good, strong cigar. Excellent smoke!

06-14-09GOFPiramide06001.jpg

06-14-09GOFPiramide06002.jpg

06-14-09GOFPiramide06003.jpg

06-14-09GOFPiramide06004.jpg

06-14-09GOFPiramide06005.jpg

Now, THAT'S how to start a Sunday morning off right! Great review! The pyramide is the only GOF vitola I haven't tried yet . . . kind of surprised to hear you found the draw a bit on the loose side. Not surprised to hear it has that long exquisite GOF taste and finish, though. You describe it perfectly! :thumbs:

~Boar

Awesome review Greg. I too haven't tried the Piramide yet as I just got it a little while back, but I plan to. I'm amazed you can finish one for breakfast, but then again I know you love Boli's :laugh:
Thanks for sharing this one, I'm hoping this cigar will be worth the price.
I just love that band! I always turn it around and look at it when smoking one.
Dave

Glad you enjoyed the smoke Greg. Carlito Piramide is really the only GOF that works for me. It just seems to have a sweetness that the rest of the line don't have.

Art

Nice review, Greg . . . it reminds me of the Casa Fuente Churchills I enjoyed in Vegas.

Thanks for the review. This is a cigar that I haven't had any good experiences with. There are many cigars I'd rather buy/smoke given the price point on these.

I tried the GoF 2006 Carlito today, but in the Churchill (7x48) vs. the Pyramide above.

It is my first GoF - and with great hype around the cigar had high expectations. You can see in one of the pics it had a slight crack - I think I mishandled it when twirling it around. Anyway - while it had a nice taste, it wasn't as "wow" as some of the Opus or Anejo's I've had. It had a tight draw, so with such a large format I had to work at it the entire time. But, it "opened up" toward the half-way point and the good flavor got even better.

I have others (in different sizes), so over time I will give them a try. Huge fan of Fuente line and so will not judge the GoF experience on the one. Guess I should seek out the Pyramide!

John

3841539988_158e29899b_o.jpg

3841540104_388668cc3d_o.jpg

3841540168_4da9ff04a5_o.jpg

John,

Try the Pyramide. I think that the taste of that smoke is like no other GOF. For me the rest of the GOF line is 'just OK'. I know that different smokes work for different folks, but the Pyramide tastes so much more different. I think you'll be impressed.

Art