• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good Morning S / BOTL - 2013

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's starting out as a wet and dreary Sunday morning. On the bright side of things, it's should be sunny and in the 50s for the next few days here in the Hudson Valley. Anyway, the MLB preseason has started and today's NASCAR race starts at 1300 (1pm) live on FOX. Have a great day everyone and try and stay dry if you can....... :)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. Congrats to Kevin Harvick for taking the checkered flag in the rain delayed NASCAR race yesterday. Enjoy your week all and remember to be safe out there...... ;)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's looking like we'll have another nice day here in the Hudson Valley. I see that the NY Rangers traded a number of players right down to the trade deadline, hopefully it'll work as they needed something to change things up. Anyway, enjoy your day everyone and smoke a favorite or two if you get the chance....... :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". It's looking like we have one more nice weather day until the rain and snow come our way according to NOAA:

https://f1.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.437566000000004&lon=-74.03889849999996#.WpaHUUtG2i4

Beth and I have been barbecuing for the past few days and today will be no different. Planning on seasoned cat fish with sweet potatoes this evening, always comes out great on a hot Weber. Enjoy your day everyone and don't forget to be careful out there....... ;)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening enjoying primo stogies and all. If you're in the area and have the time, stop on by and have a smoke with us and enjoy....... :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! Well, mother nature has kicked in and we are currently getting a heavy rain / snow mixture and the roads are covered. West Point is Code "Red" until 1200 (12 noon) with a re-look at 1000 (10am). If you have to drive in this stuff today, be safe and always watch out for the other drivers that aren't. The NASCAR drivers are in Las Vegas this weekend which should be a fun one. Enjoy your weekend and all........ :D

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Sunday. It's been a couple of days now and I know a number of my friends still have no power or heat as a result of Winter Storm Reilly. Hopefully everyone recovers soon and life goes back to normal as it was before. Enjoy your Sunday all and get some relaxation as well....... :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and we are preparing for another major storm to hit the Hudson Valley. This time, NOAA is predicting up to 14"+ of snow according to the hourly chart they posted earlier this morning:

https://f1.weather.gov/MapClick.php...5&textField2=-73.9737&site=all&unit=0&dd=&bw=

We'll have a webinar with them this afternoon and then West Point will most likely have an adverse weather conference call to determine the status of the Post. Be careful out there and ensure your neighbors are as well........ :)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on for some time now and the 18"+ of the snow is finally cleared off of the drive and walkways. West Point has been a code "Red" for a day and a half now and we will report back to work at noon today. Hope everyone is recovering from the storm and gets some rest as well......... ;)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's Friday! Went to Schlesinger's last night and enjoyed a cigar with the fellas, looks like everyone is recovering and folks are getting their power back on as well. I hope you all are doing fine and enjoy....... :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. Beth and I had a great weekend overall; we enjoyed the St. Paddy's Day parade in Goshen, NY yesterday with all the trimmings. Congrats to Kevin Harvick for his 3rd win in a row in yesterday's NASCAR race. Enjoy your week everyone even though we maybe getting some more snow this evening into tomorrow........ ;)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's snowing again as we speak. The weather guessers are saying that we'll get 3 - 5 inches here in the Hudson Valley while Long Island and the East Coast will get hit the hardest. Be careful out there and try and enjoy the day....... :)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's "Hump Day". Well, the Hudson Valley fared pretty well with only getting a couple of inches of fluffy snow that was actually melted by the end of the day. I see that our friends in Mass and New Hampshire got hit pretty hard again. Hopefully this is the end of the big storms and the Spring season starts soon. Enjoy all and be careful out there....... ;)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which mean's we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening. Enjoy everyone and smoke a favorite or two as well........ :)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's, a lot of the usual suspects were out as well as a couple of ole faces we haven't seen in a while. Today starts St. Paddy's Day weekend, enjoy but do remember that there will be a lot more police out and about looking for drunk drivers. Sports wise, the MLB Spring Training has a week left; college basketball playoffs is in full swing; and the NASCAR drivers are in Fontana, CA this weekend. Enjoy everyone........ :D

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. Beth and I had an enjoyable weekend, saw our niece/god-daughter's play (Meet Me in St. Louis) on Friday evening; visited a couple of establishment's Saturday for St. Paddy's Day; and yesterday we went to the Newburgh Brewery to support a local fund raiser and then had dinner at the Wherehouse. Congrats to Martin Truex Jr. for taking the checkered flag in yesterday's NASCAR race and to all the college basketball teams that advance to the "Sweet 16". Enjoy your week everyone and hopefully this next storm misses us here in the Hudson Valley...... :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's calm before the storm (literally). According to NOAA, we are in for another Nor'easter starting tonight and all day tomorrow. They are predicting anywhere from 9 to 17 inches in total:

Wednesday - Snow, mainly after 7am. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. High near 32. Wind chill values between 15 and 20. North wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
Wednesday Night - Snow, mainly before 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 28. Wind chill values between 15 and 20. Blustery, with a north wind 17 to 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.437566000000004&lon=-74.03889849999996#.WrDWTksh2i4

Now is the time to get ready and not wait until it's started or even worse, when it's coming down. Enjoy and definitely be careful out there....... ;)

Good morning everyone, the coffee has been on for a while and it's "Hump Day". Well, after a lengthy "Adverse Weather Conference Call", West Point is Code "Red" all day today:

If West point is code Red all day: Only employees in emergency positions should report to work. Employees in non-emergency positions should not report to work until their next regularly scheduled workday.

If any of you are in the path of the storm and have to be out, be careful and dress properly. Enjoy all........ :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be hitting Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening. Well, the snow didn't hit us here in the Hudson Valley until late last night and we only got a few inches. Some times the weather guessers get it right and then other times they are way off (thank god it was in our favor this time). Anyway, enjoy everyone and remember to be safe out there....... ;)