• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Good Morning S / BOTL - 2013

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. We had a great weekend overall; spent Saturday morning at the cigar shop, went out with Beth Saturday afternoon as well as yesterday to a few establishments in the Hudson Valley. Enjoy the week and remember to be safe out there........ :)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day". I hope you all have a great day and enjoy....... :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's a bit chilly out right now with a Wind Chill 31°F. This evening we are changing things up a bit. Instead of going to Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar as we do, Beth and I are going to a Beer Pairing dinner hosted by Liberty Street Bistro in Newburgh, NY:

https://www.facebook.com/events/2216022565390202/

For $99 per person, you enjoy a 7-course tasting menu, each course paired expertly with a Newburgh Brewing beer. You also receive a complimentary LSB/Newburgh Brewing Company beer glass to take home with you.

Check out the menu below:
Canapes- Scotch Quail Eggs & Fried Oysters
I- Pretzels & Cheese
II- Squash Pate w/ Beet Sorbet
III- Scallop & Trevisano
IV- Chicken Wing w/ Endive
V- "Fish & Chips"
VI- Blue Cheese Ice Cream, Honey Drizzle, Dark Chocolate
VII- Stout Cake, Potato Chip Brittle, Peanut Butter Ice Cream

Should be a great evening and I know that the good folks at the Bistro as well as the Brewery will host a great event. Enjoy everyone and stay warm out there........ :)

Last edited:
Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a great time last night, the food was out of this world and the beer matched it perfectly. We told the owner that we'll be back for the next one already be it a wine pairing or another beer one. I see that the Red Sox won and are moving into the World Series, hopefully it's a good one and goes 7 games. The NASCAR racers are in Kansas this weekend and there's plenty of NHL and NFL along with college football throughout. Army football takes on Miami of Ohio tomorrow here at West Point which means we have to have the Emergency Operation Center up and running by 0500. It's a long day for sure (12 hours) but well worth it. Anyway, enjoy and smoke a favorite or two if your get the chance........ :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on it's a chilly Sunday here in the Hudson Valley. Congrats to Army for a double overtime win yesterday over Miami of Ohio 31 - 30. It went down to the end where M of O went for a 2 point conversion to win it and came up short. I see that LA Dodgers have advanced to the World Series as well, hope it goes 7 games and they a victors in the end over the Red Sox. Today, we'll be watching a couple of NFL games and the NASCAR race from Kansas as well. Enjoy everyone and stay warm out there........ :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. Beth and I had a good day yesterday visiting breweries in the Hudson Valley and finishing off with pizza from Prima in Cornwall: https://www.pizzaofnewyork.com/Home
I see that the Eagles lost yesterday after having the lead going into half-time, time to toughen up the defense. Congrats to Chase Elliott for taking the checkered flag in yesterday's NASCAR race and advancing to the round of eight with only 4 races left in the season. Anyway, enjoy your week everyone and remember to be safe out there........ :)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on as usual here in the Hudson Valley. It's a nice quiet week with not much going on here at West Point, we definitely can use the break. Enjoy all....... :)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's already "Hump Day". I'm looking at the weather for this weekend and of course they are calling for rain according to NOAA. Here's the weather prediction for the next 3 days, sunny with temps in the ranging in the 50s:

Today - Mostly sunny, with a high near 53. Northwest wind 10 to 18 mph.
Thursday - Sunny, with a high near 48. Wind chill values between 30 and 40 early. Northwest wind 8 to 14 mph.
Friday - Partly sunny, with a high near 49. Light and variable wind.
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.43486000000007&lon=-74.03702999999996#.W9A8vKlRei5

Anyway, enjoy everyone and smoke a favorite if you get the chance......... :cool:

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening. I see that the Red Sox won again, lets go Dodgers and make this World Series a little more special. Enjoy all and be safe out there........ :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a packed house at Schlesinger's last night, you can tell it's getting cold out as everyone is coming in to smoke and enjoy. Sports wise this weekend, the World Series continues down in LA, there's plenty of NHL and NFL along with college football for your enjoyment. The NASCAR racers are down in Martinsville, VA this weekend, there's only 4 races left in the season to crown the Champion. I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend, enjoy and all....... :)

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday. We had another great weekend overall: top shelf cigars, a variety of beers, wines and ciders along with tasty meals to match. Congrats to the Red Sox for being crowned the 2018 World Series Champs, well deserved. It was good to see the Eagles win in London England and a congrats to Joe Logano for taking the checkered flag in yesterday's NASCAR race in Martinsville, VA:

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...er-energy-series-nascar-playoffs-joey-logano/

Enjoy your week everyone, this is Army vs. Air Force week here at West Point as the two schools will take each other on in football this Saturday........ :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's the day after Halloween. We had a lot of trick or treaters (roughly 175) stop by last night which is always cool. Tonight we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar enjoying adult treats and all. Have a great day everyone and enjoy it as well......... :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's Friday! We had a great time last night at Schlesinger's, a lot of ole' friends showed up which is always fun. The Army football team plays Air Force tomorrow here at West Point which means we'll be up and running in the Emergency Operation Center at 0500. It's going to be a long day but well worth it. Also this weekend, the NASCAR drivers are in Texas with racing starting tonight through Sunday afternoon. There's plenty of NHL and NFL action throughout as well as college football all day tomorrow. I hope everyone has a relaxing weekend and enjoys. Go Army, Beat Air Force........ :)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work Monday already. Congrats to Army for winning over Air Force (AF) and retaining to Commander-in-Chief's Trophy again. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commander-in-Chief's_Trophy AF beat Navy earlier in the season so all we Army had to do was beat the AF. The Army team will still go to Philly the 2nd Saturday in December and beat Navy to win the Trophy the right way. Enjoy your week everyone and remember to be safe out there....... :cool:

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". Tonight, Beth and I are going out to a local restaurant as it's "Restaurant Week" in the Hudson Valley. We chose the Liberty Street Bistro in Newburgh: http://libertystreetbistro.com/

https://www.opentable.com/r/liberty...owfQ&p=2&pid=417&ref=7420&sd=2018-11-07+19:00
Liberty Street Bistro is a neighborhood eatery in Downtown Historic Newburgh. Located in the bustling Liberty Street Corridor, across from Washington's Headquarters, one can discover this contemporary American restaurant. The decor may be elegant yet guests can keep it casual and let the food be fancy instead! Classic French-influenced cuisine is deliciously served in a modern and simple style while embracing the community, culture, and bounty of the Lower Hudson Valley.

Fun Fact: Chef and owner Michael Kelly has cut his teeth in some of NYC’s greatest kitchens, including Thomas Keller’s Bouchon Bakery and Markus Glocker’s Batard. Now, he’s crafting his own menu, bringing classic fine dining into a bold new era!

Enjoy everyone and remember to stay safe out there....... :cool:

Good morning everyone, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar with the crew. Beth and I had a great time last night at the Liberty Street Bistro. The food was outstanding as always and we're already making plans to go back next month. Have a great day all and enjoy a favorite or two if you get the chance as well...... :)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's, the place was hoppin' and I got to see some ole' friends from years back. This weekend sports wise, Army football takes on Lafayette here at West Point tomorrow which means we'll be back in the Emergency Operations Center at 0500 in the morning. Also this weekend, there's plenty of NHL, NASCAR, NFL and college football throughout. Enjoy your weekend everyone and remember to thank a veteran this Sunday....... :cool: