• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Gran Habano Corojo #5

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
The Grand Habano Corojo #5 comes from the Honduras and is made with Costa Rican and Nicaraguan long filler, Nicaraguan binder, and a Nicaraguan Corojo wrapper. I removed the cello and found the cigar very firm with a good weight in the hand. The gorgeous dark corojo wrapper was slightly coarse and very oily. I punched the cap and found a perfect draw with only a slight resistance.

I toasted the foot and took a couple puffs to get a good burn going, then slowly took a long first draw. Strong black pepper spice and a full-bodied smoke came through with a rich, dark cocoa taste. I could also detect a taste of raw vanilla bean. Further in the spice died down, however the full body continued with the delicious dark cocoa and vanilla with a rich earth undertone. This was a very good smoke! Towards the end the cigar smoothed out and had a deliciously long and creamy finish.

I have to say this was an incredibly good smoke with a perfect burn throughout and a strong, black ash. These can be found for $3 a stick? Holy cow!!

Thank you my friend for turning me on to what may be my next box!

11-16-08GranHabanoCorojo5001.jpg

11-16-08GranHabanoCorojo5002.jpg

11-16-08GranHabanoCorojo5003.jpg

I have to say this was an incredibly good smoke with a perfect burn throughout and a strong, black ash. These can be found for $3 a stick? Holy cow!!

I know, a great economical stick! I keep a few on hand mysef.

Got a bit confuzzled at first since I didn't think you smoked any NC's anymore. :) great review Greg, now I have to run out and pick up a 5'er or two to see how I enjoy em!

Don

Great smoke! Very cost effective stick! Always good construction. Never without a few in the humi. Keep an eye on cigarbid as a good deal is always to be had.

I think I had one of these a while ago, like last year. It looks like a revisit for me. Thanks, great review.

Nice review Greg! I like these spicy little cigars, decent smoke with a decent price.

Got a bit confuzzled at first since I didn't think you smoked any NC's anymore. :) great review Greg, now I have to run out and pick up a 5'er or two to see how I enjoy em!

Don

I'll second that motion. Great review though, I think I'll give the #5 a try.

Great review! Have a box on the way from CI as we speak. Can't wait to have another one of these tasty things!

Joecigar is running a deal on these right now, 10 churchhills for 19.99. It's a Joe Jambalaya going on so they won't be on for long!!