• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

H. Upmann Naturals Tubo '70s

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
What a treat! I’ve been looking forward to smoking this cigar and what better time than Christmas day! I like the yellow on brown colors of the tube, however not sure about the Food Lion emblem :)D sorry, had to make a funny as that’s the first thing that popped into my head. A Food Lion cigar :laugh: ??? :D ). I carefully removed the cigar and boy did this thing look old. The wrapper was a pale brown and very coarse with a patchwork of veins throughout and no noticeable oils. It felt very light in the hand, and I was a bit worried of a loose draw, however I clipped the head and found a perfect resistance with a taste of aged tobacco.

I fired up the foot and first draw was of dark earth and black coffee with a hint of cocoa. The smoke was a mild/medium strength with a smidgen of pepper spice. I thought I could taste a hint of dark brown sugar, and what I believe to be cashews as well.

The burn was perfect with a strong, gray ash that held for a little over an inch. Once the ash fell, the strength seemed to intensify to a full medium and tastes of black coffee and cashews continued with hints of brown sugar. Along with the strength in the smoke, the pepper spice began to build as well and was perfect on the back of the throat. I found the finish to be short and tasting of well aged, mature tobacco.

The final couple of inches were a good full strength, and I found myself “sipping” the smoke or else blow a head gasket. The burn remained sharp throughout with a medium gray ash. I have to say I smoked this one until it was burning my lips. What an incredible smoke with this much age on it.

12-25-08HUpmannNaturals001.jpg

12-25-08HUpmannNaturals002.jpg

12-25-08HUpmannNaturals003.jpg

12-25-08HUpmannNaturals004.jpg

12-25-08HUpmannNaturals005.jpg

Wow, I've only seen those in my MRN book. That looks like a great Holiday smoke. Glad it turned out well.
Thanks for the great Review. Even the tube looks cool.

WOW! Very cool! :thumbs: Where'd ya find that? :0 I've got a '70's Sir Winston that I was just thinking about. I was thinking that if I smoke it I should do a review. I planned on it last time I was doing some reviews but just never did it. I am hoping that my palate will be up to it. :( :)

WOW! Very cool! :thumbs: Where'd ya find that? :0 I've got a '70's Sir Winston that I was just thinking about. I was thinking that if I smoke it I should do a review. I planned on it last time I was doing some reviews but just never did it. I am hoping that my palate will be up to it. :( :)

I got it in Phil's pass. Traded a '70's Monte Tubo for it. It didn't knock my socks off or anything, but to smoke a cigar with that much age and still enjoy it is definitely a treat. Now smoke that Winnie! :D

Great review and pictures.

You have some wonderful cigars in your collection.

Thanks for the review.
Looks like you enjoyed it very much.

What a lucky bastige to sample that fine smoke :D

I have really enjoyed the naturals I tried, they are a really pronounced, delicious smoke.

You had some awesome reviews Alan. Let's hear about the HUSW soon!

I'd be happy just to hear about the Dom Perignon again :thumbs:

We'll be breaking into that box of DP's this March! That special occasion is almost here. :thumbs:

We'll be breaking into that box of DP's this March! That special occasion is almost here. :thumbs:

It's amazing how time flies. If possible, post some pics when you crack that box open and fire them up. It'll be interesting to see how they've progressed since the last review!

Great review Greg! I'm glad you are having such great luck with cigars lately!!

I just had my first H. Upman a few weeks and enjoyed it.