Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lobby - Non-Cigar Related' started by smellysell, May 23, 2018.

1. kann

kann One Leg Of Fury.

Apr 29, 2011
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Hurricane missed us to the south. I'm not sure if that belongs in the "Happy" thread, or not, as I was hoping for a day off of work! :p

I kid, I kid. It's about time these islands catch a break from nature.

cabaiguan juan and CigSid like this.
  2. smellysell

smellysell Go Vols!!!

Jan 9, 2007
    A Van Down By The River
    Also, football starts tomorrow!

kann likes this.
  3. The Black Cloud

The Black Cloud Well-Known Member

It's Friday and I leave work at 2pm. That's good enough for me.

4. cody5thou

cody5thou Supporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Plano,Tx
    Cheers to Friday. It’s been a long week. I am looking forward to a good smoke and some tequila tomorrow. Enjoy the weekend with your friends and family.

The Black Cloud and kann like this.
  5. cabaiguan juan

cabaiguan juan Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Charlottesville, VA
    A belly full of filet, potatoes au gratin and sautéed green beans- My wife’s birthday family dinner. Only topped by her opening up her birthday card and finding out how much money she has to spend on wine. Lots of smiles around the dinner table.

Pugman1943 likes this.
  6. kann

kann One Leg Of Fury.

Apr 29, 2011
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I came in from smoking and reading to find The Short One (not so short, anymore...) snoring softly in my bed having crashed out after a long first week of 6th grade. Don't know how many more times this sort of thing is going to happen, so I'll take it as I can get it. :)

smellysell likes this.
  7. kona1000

kona1000 Scotchead!

Oct 10, 2009
    Dedham, Ma
    School started already!?!?

I’m so happy about the new house. Sold the last place for way overprice and now love the peace and quiet.

kann likes this.
  8. kann

kann One Leg Of Fury.

Apr 29, 2011
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Yes, school ended on 31 May, and kids were back in classrooms on 6 August. Growing up in PA, I remember getting out of school around the same time, but not going back until early September. My daughter took part in two of our summer STEM camps this year, not to mention traveling a bit when my sister was here in July, so at least I don't feel like I completely missed out on summer with the kids... again.

Congratulations on the sale and new place. Quiet is nice.