• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

High End, Retail, or Conversion?

I emailed Bob and he gave me a quote on a Mini Tall, nothing fancy but with an extra drawer instead of one of the shelves.
Even with shipping it is within my budget.

This is the way I really want to go, but so many times I have talked myself into a cheaper option. My brewery is a great example of going with different options to achieve the same function, but always with some sort of trade off, to save money.....

T

After much thought, I think I will convert a wine fridge, good thing is that it won't need power at basements temps here in Colorado.

Guess I am going t o have to use Forrest....should prolly order now, so it is ready by March-April.

T

Ok, bringing this out of hibernation.....I hope to have a pic of what I want to convert in a few hours. On my way to see if the piece is still for sale, if so, I think it will make an awesome Humi.....wish me luck!!!

That is incredible...love it! That is going to be a classic! Take your time...

With a secondary thermostat and active humidification you should be good. I'll post some links later.

With a secondary thermostat and active humidification you should be good. I'll post some links later.

Active Humidification for sure, but no temp control. Not needed in the Colorado basements

If your ambient RH is lower than your desired set point, active humidification is so low maintenance that it's up front cost seems worth it, IMHO. After having it in my Staebell for over a decade, I wouldn't have anything else. But, the big issue is ambient RH. If your ambient RH is typically equal or higher than your desired set point, your'e going to want to run bags of beads. In my home, forced air heat or AC drops ambient RH like a rock, so the active system in my cabinet is the right answer. In a basement....quite likely a very different story.

Looking forward to see how this turns out, Congrats on finding such a great canvas!

If your ambient RH is lower than your desired set point, active humidification is so low maintenance that it's up front cost seems worth it, IMHO. After having it in my Staebell for over a decade, I wouldn't have anything else. But, the big issue is ambient RH. If your ambient RH is typically equal or higher than your desired set point, your'e going to want to run bags of beads. In my home, forced air heat or AC drops ambient RH like a rock, so the active system in my cabinet is the right answer. In a basement....quite likely a very different story.

Colorado Springs Ambient RH is usually super low and basement temps are super stable.
Then plan was beads and an active humidification device.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I19NYB...AVRC4J&pd_rd_w=oq82w&smid=A141OTTBXJ0MV8&th=1

but, any and all ideas are welcome

T

I'd get a recording hygro (min, max) and let it go in the basement for a while. You may be surprised; my guess is that it's lots 'wetter' than you think.

I can do that as well

As soon as the house is done

I look forward to seeing how this turns out! I get out to your area every now and then, to the NSCA headquarters and the USA Hockey headquarters. Next time I'm there let's have a smoke!

I worked out at the NSCA for a while until I blew my shoulder out

and lets!!!!

Agree with BBS, Montana is really dry too, but my basement is much more humid, so I'd do some research before buying anything. Beads have worked great is my conversion, I put a couple glasses of distilled water in there for a week or so maybe twice a year.