• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Homebrewers - What are you Brewing - Post a Pic

Just bottled an Early Grey IPA (early grey tea, Herkules and Summit) and a Latte Sweet Stout (vanilla beans, coffee, milk stout). A smoked Dunkelweizen in the fermenter now, and as always more on the way.

Hit up my session IPA dry hop stylee last week with 1oz of Centennial, tossed in 1oz of Citra yesterday and have a leftover .5oz of Centennial that I may throw in there just for S&G's. All I can say is it smells like a freakin' citrusy flowery melon bomb in here and I love it. Can't wait to bottle this one up, and then crack open those bottles and enjoy the hell out of it.

Small batch of Belgian Saison. Hit the numbers right on. Heres hoping for a good fermentation and ending up somewhere around 6 1/2- 7% ABV. Should be ready in about 4 weeks.

Small batch of Belgian Saison. Hit the numbers right on. Heres hoping for a good fermentation and ending up somewhere around 6 1/2- 7% ABV. Should be ready in about 4 weeks.

And its already at 6% in 4 days time. Thats some crazy yeast activity!

Well I think I finally successfully made my first infected homebrew...

72A8099C-33D9-4950-8035-F4935CA240E6.jpg

Well heres the deal. I've popped 3 bottles and they're all immediate gushers. Its a belgian already...soooo its kinda tough to tell if it smells "off." It's def not aceto because it actually tastes ok. I guess it could be an overcarb situation, but I'm leaning toward wild yeast of some sort if only for the fact that it was reeeeaaally breezy on brew day and there was a lot of stuff flying around.

Just my guess of course. I could be completely wrong.

Well heres the deal. I've popped 3 bottles and they're all immediate gushers. Its a belgian already...soooo its kinda tough to tell if it smells "off." It's def not aceto because it actually tastes ok. I guess it could be an overcarb situation, but I'm leaning toward wild yeast of some sort if only for the fact that it was reeeeaaally breezy on brew day and there was a lot of stuff flying around.

Just my guess of course. I could be completely wrong.
Doubtful that it's caused by wild yeast on brew day. If you have an infection it would most likely be caused by poor sanitation at bottling. I'm leaning to over carb. Why don't you pop the tops a few slightly and quickly recap. This will let the pressures drop.

Doubtful that it's caused by wild yeast on brew day. If you have an infection it would most likely be caused by poor sanitation at bottling. I'm leaning to over carb. Why don't you pop the tops a few slightly and quickly recap. This will let the pressures drop.

Glad you posted this because I meant to update and then forgot. Did a little (a lot of) reading and found that in some cases opening a bottle prior to the time frame it takes for all the CO2 to reabsorb in the conditioning phase can cause gushing too. So I waited a couple more weeks and popped another few. No gushing! Seems I was just a little too trigger happy on this batch.

Brewing a clone of DFH Saison du Buff today. Herbs right from the garden.

'Tis the season....brewing up a Pumpkin spice ale today while hoping to dodge the thunderstorms. I'd post a picture but....It just looks like a propane tank connected to a burner with a kettle on top of it. And you all know what that looks like.

i got an German inspired Fest-ale in the fermenter

Looking for some advice:

I'd like to brew an imperial stout and add coffee. Any of you home brewers out there done the coffee addition before with any success? What is your preferred method?

Steep in secondary? Add at bottling?

I've heard concerns of the sanitation of the coffee since its being added after boil....so I'm just trying to gather some insight on successful methods.

Thanks in advance!

My limited experience with it is based on advice from my brewmaster brother - make a batch of cold brew coffee, and add it after fermentation.

I course grind my fresh roasted coffee and mash with it