• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Houston Area Herf

I was thinking about a holiday herf sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. What are your thoughts and available times, if interested?

[quote name='Smokin'Sims' timestamp='1320931904' post='1062676']
I was thinking about a holiday herf sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas. What are your thoughts and available times, if interested?[/quote]

Down. In Austin the 25th to 28th. Open days in December are 9, 10, 11, 17, 18. And I vote pot-luck :D

Dec 17 after 5 or 6 depending on location works for me, or anytime on the 18th. Pot luck sounds good. Now we need to decide where.

Did I finally stumble back into a cigar forum that actually has Houston peeps willing to herf? (had 2 unsuccesful listings elsewhere). I am down to herf and would even offer my humble back yard in Clear Lake if needed. I'll keep an eye on this thread for updates. Cheers.

kydsid, we get together every so often....we need to grow in numbers and make our Herf's more regular.

That's good to hear. I can probably wrangle up 4-6 people for the next one given a bit of notice.

im in the bay area and would probably be down to head up to houston for this. wouldn't mind making some new buddies.

Throwing this out there just to get the ball rolling.

Date: Dec. 17th
Time: 6 ish

No pot luck as off-site food is not allowed. With James up North, Mike and I are in Katy, Domingo in Dickinson and Jake in Rosenberg, I feel this is the most central location for us and with the busy holidays I'm not sure if we can actually find time to cook.

Chime in if this is do-able for you or not.

that might actually work out good. It's right off 45 for me. They sell cigars there or is it BYO?

that might actually work out good. It's right off 45 for me. They sell cigars there or is it BYO?
They do sell cigars there, but with a very hefty mark-up. I would suggest BYO or stopping at a B&M on the way.

well as long as i buy some beer there i wont feel too bad not paying that hefty markup :D

How would that go for me since I can't eat/ drink/ etc. is there a drink minimum?

What about Serious on Richmond?

How would that go for me since I can't eat/ drink/ etc. is there a drink minimum?

What about Serious on Richmond?

Serious on Richmond is a viable alternative. It has a back room with seating for about 6-8. Not sure if they will allow alcohol on their premises.

edit* Downing street does not have a drink minimum. I've gone there with friends whom were there just for the cigar and company.

It must be nice to be in an area where there are an abundance of CP'ers. There are so very few members even close to N/E Indiana. I'm kinda jealous, but You have to give up the country living which is sweeeeeeeeeet. :rolleyes:

Serious on Richmond would work for me. If we still want to do a pot luck we could do it at Gingerman. I asked about outside food and they are fine with us bringing it in. There is no minimum to drink, but don't want to torture Jake with food. They don't have his kind of beer so he wouldn't be tempted by beery goodness. Gingerman would have to be done on Sunday Dec. 18. I've got a kids party on the 17th until about 4 up in Conroe.