• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How do I upload my new avatar?

On the top right of the page, click on your user name and then go to My Settings. The first option will be to change your photo. You can upload an image, but there are size restrictions, though not stated.

I tried that, my old avatar will not work now. I changed the size to meet the restrictions. It is a GIF file. Are these not allowed on the new site?

I tried that, my old avatar will not work now. I changed the size to meet the restrictions. It is a GIF file. Are these not allowed on the new site?

If you're old avatar is no longer allowed, I'm staging a hunger strike.

What's it from anyway? I always meant to ask.

I've tried GIFs of all sizes, and have had no luck uploading one.

Avatar size must be 100mb or less or that is what I came up with from all my experimnting....

Tim

ok ok ok maybe it was KB then...sorry

Strayvector had the best animated gif avatar ever known to man.
If we don't get that back, I'm gonna be pissed. :angry:
G~

If you're old avatar is no longer allowed, I'm staging a hunger strike.

What's it from anyway? I always meant to ask.
I have no idea what it was from, I stole it from a golf forum I frequent. It was mezmerizing though!! No matter how long you looked at it, you kept thinking the girl was going to FINALLY get out of the shower!

Say, I'm still having trouble with this. I uploaded a new photo, it shows up in my profile, but my avatar is still the old picture.

I've been trying to upload a photo from my computer but I always get a message saying that it failed. Is there some trick that I'm missing? If anyone has any hints I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Edited to add: I finally figured out the problem.

Mind sharing what the problem was? I'm still having trouble uploading my avatar. Thanks.

Dozerhead-what was the problem. I keep getting error messages also.

Thanks in advance-

Please describe the error. What does it say?
It would help to debug the problem.

'Failed to set a new photo.' mostly. Have tried on my phone and laptop. Have also tried same pic as URL from Facebook and that didn't cut it either. TIA!

S300 :cool:

I had the same issues and tried various methods of uploading without success. I even used Photoshop to crop, reduce the quality of the image and lower the file size. The instructions say to use an image that is no less than 200 pixels. I thought it was a file size issue but I had it under 200 bytes and still no luck.