• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hoyo De Monterrey Regalos EL 2007 (2)

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
(07/17/09) Man oh man is it hot out today, temps in the upper 90’s with high 50’s humidity. There is a good breeze blowing that feels decent enough while in the shade of the walnut tree. I’ve brought an HDM Regalos EL with me to fire up, one that my buddy Jimmy (JimmyHaze) sent in a ridiculous bomb not long ago (thank you sir).

The wrapper is a medium brown, very coarse with prominent veins, and only a small amount of oiliness I can see. It has a slight give when squeezed with no apparent hard spots, and with the cap punched I find a draw with only a small amount of resistance.

I have the foot toasted and with a few puffs is burning nice and even in no time at all. The smoke is a good medium body with a very nice white pepper spice hitting the back of the tongue and throat. Flavors are deliciously rich with tastes of fresh baked bread, dark, sweetened cocoa, and dark, rich earth.

The burn is sharp with a strong, dark gray ash forming and the draw is working perfectly with the medium to almost full-bodied smoke that is flowing effortlessly. Flavors continue to be rich and incredibly delicious with notes of fresh baked bread, cocoa and dark earth with a really good toasted nuttiness. The finish is fantastically smooth and very lasting on the palate making me smack my lips over and over.

This cigar performed flawlessly throughout with a sharp burn, perfect spice, deliciously rich flavors, and incredibly lasting finish on the palate. I know when these first came out, they weren’t all that great, however after a couple years age they are fantastic smokes. Thanks again Jimmy!

07-17-09HDMRegalos001.jpg

07-17-09HDMRegalos002.jpg

07-17-09HDMRegalos003.jpg

Hey Greg, I am glad you enjoyed this cigar. Thanks for the review brother. Keep on puffin.