• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I promise I'll keep your dirty little secret to myself

kann

One Leg Of Fury.
I am in need of Gurkha bands for a project. That means that someone, somewhere has to smoke them -- and I know that there are some closet Gurkha enthusiasts here. Maybe. I hope.

I want to cover a guitar body (probably a Tele shape) in bands, and as I've never: A) Built a guitar before, and, B) Covered anything in cigar bands decoratively, I figure might as well start with cheap cigars and a cheap body... because they are both going to suck.

If anyone can help out, my address is in my profile, and I won't tell a soul where I got them! :D

Mahalo!

View attachment 21358
Sorry no Gurkha’s but you’re welcome to these.

I'll be happy to take those, too, off your hands if you want to part with them, as I plan to eventually do something of quality construction eventually, too (guitar body, bar top, table... not sure, but something).

John (didn't want to make a THIRD thread in a row), absolutely. See previous posts for explanations.

Many thanks, all! If you want a few pence for shipping, shoot me a message with PP address.

View attachment 21358
Sorry no Gurkha’s but you’re welcome to these.

Package arrived in the mail today. Funny, I was just telling my wife how much I needed a new water bottle... :D

Thank you very much for the bag 'o bands, as well as for those other bands that were, uhhh... not in the original photo. Again, much appreciated, and I shall pay it forward when the time arises.

Package arrived in the mail today. Funny, I was just telling my wife how much I needed a new water bottle... :D

Thank you very much for the bag 'o bands, as well as for those other bands that were, uhhh... not in the original photo. Again, much appreciated, and I shall pay it forward when the time arises.
I don't even need to read up to see that you're reference a package from Mr. Hinde....... :cool:

Do you need more Bands? Happy to send you a bunch! :cool:

I did a table one time with cigar box art taken off boxes and with bands. It was beautiful, but had to leave it when we moved from the East Coast to Texas.

I don't even need to read up to see that you're reference a package from Mr. Hinde....... :cool:

Do you need more Bands? Happy to send you a bunch! :cool:

Sorry, just saw this. IF they are just going to end up in the trash, absolutely, I'll take them.

I did a table one time with cigar box art taken off boxes and with bands. It was beautiful, but had to leave it when we moved from the East Coast to Texas.

No! I remember that -- it was the Opus table, right? That was the inspiration for the original bar top idea I had a while ago. It's since morphed into doing a guitar in bands. We'll see what comes of it! Sad to hear the table is no longer with you. I hope whoever has it now has taken care of it.

No! I remember that -- it was the Opus table, right? That was the inspiration for the original bar top idea I had a while ago. It's since morphed into doing a guitar in bands. We'll see what comes of it! Sad to hear the table is no longer with you. I hope whoever has it now has taken care of it.
Sorry, different table; but I bet that one was nice too. Mine had lots of different bands on it and artwork from multiple brands as well.

Sorry, different table; but I bet that one was nice too. Mine had lots of different bands on it and artwork from multiple brands as well.

Ah, gotcha. Still sucks that you had to let a project like that go.

I seem to remember Soul Dog doing an Opus table -- maybe that's the one you're thinking about.

Other than the infused tubos, I've never had a Gurkha that impressed me.

This is a cool idea! I'll be following this thread in great anticipation for pictures... I've been saving bands so I can make some coasters using modge podge...

I seem to remember Soul Dog doing an Opus table -- maybe that's the one you're thinking about.

Oh, man... now that project loss hurts even more. I still have the avatar I do in large part to Soul Dog. :(