• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione mk Corona

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I’ve not smoked very many Illusione cigars and all that I have smoked have had an extremely loose draw with the exception of one. However, that one that smoked good, smoked REALLY good from what I recall. This evening I pulled out an Illusione mk from the desktop. This corona-sized cigar has a very dark brown, smooth wrapper with prominent veins running the length and not much by way of oils. There’s a slight give when squeezed and has a good weight in the hand. I can see the bunching in the foot looks to be rather loose, and I’m hoping this one doesn’t end up with a too loose draw.

I punch the cap, which is very thick I might add, and find the draw to have a decent amount of resistance, thank goodness. After torching the foot and an even burn going, I take a couple of puffs and find volumes of smoke being produced. I take a nice, long draw and get a perfect cinnamon spice over the tongue and on the back of the throat. Again, a ton of smoke, medium in body, is being produced and is absolutely fantastic in flavor. Rich dark cocoa and sweet, roasted nuts come through with an incredibly delicious finish on the palate.

The burn is sharp with a medium to dark gray ash forming that holds strong until knocked off at about three quarters of an inch. I’m getting a spot on draw with this one, working well with tons of smoke coming through, a good medium in body. There’s a perfect amount of spice hitting the palate just right with a fantastic twang in the smoke. Still, rich cocoa and dark roasted nuts come through in the flavor leaving a delicious finish lasting on the palate. Oh man this thing is good.

At the halfway mark and on, the body transitioned from a good medium to a good full with flavors continuing to be incredible and a fantastic lasting finish. The burn was sharp all the way through, falling on its own once or twice (in the ashtray thankfully). This was an absolutely delicious smoke from beginning to end, thoroughly enjoyed it.

05-05-09Illusionemk001.jpg

05-05-09Illusionemk002.jpg

05-05-09Illusionemk003.jpg

05-05-09Illusionemk004.jpg

The MK is one of my favorite Illusione's. As always, thanks for the review!

Ha! My herfing buddy and I had the '88' today, I really enjoy the illusione line, I need to get my hands on some of the one other than the '88'. Great review, Greg!

I still haven't gotten a chance to try one of these...Great Review!!

Very nice Greg. Every Illusione I have had has been great. Did you notice a cherry flavor as well? I always pick this flavor up with Illusiones.

CP owes you a debt of gratitude for raising the bar on reviews. IMO we have the best review section on the net... :thumbs:

Regards,

BT

Very nice Greg. Every Illusione I have had has been great. Did you notice a cherry flavor as well? I always pick this flavor up with Illusiones.

CP owes you a debt of gratitude for raising the bar on reviews. IMO we have the best review section on the net... :thumbs:

Regards,

BT

Much appreciate the kind words P! Actually, now that you mention it, I would definitely say there was a taste that of a cherry tootsie pop after you get to the tootsie roll center and start chewing. :D

I have to say, my favorite Illusione was the f9....until I had one of these. Great review Greg.

Fantastic review. However, next month while in Centro America, I will find the roller who left the foot on your cigar loose and stab him in the throat with a fork.

Fantastic review. However, next month while in Centro America, I will find the roller who left the foot on your cigar loose and stab him in the throat with a fork.
LOL nice Dion. This is one of my favorite smokes just got myself a box. :thumbs:

That's one way to set an example! :laugh: