• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Illusione Singulare Phantom EL 2010

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Very warm out today, temperature right at 85F on the back porch; however it’s a bit cooler outside with a strong, gusty wind blowing. I’m putting fire to an Illusione Singular Phantom that has a medium to somewhat light brown wrapper that is smooth with small tooth and small veins throughout. I find no soft spots when squeezed, firm to the touch, and it has a good weight in the hand. After punching the cap, I find the draw perfect with a straightforward tobacco taste coming through.

The foot lights easily and with a couple good puffs, plumes of white smoke pours effortlessly from the cigar. My first draw brings a fairly strong peppery spice to the back of the tongue and throat, the smoke itself medium to right at full strength with the body fairly light over the palate. Flavors are rich from the start with tastes of sweet ginger bread and a light woodiness. I have to throw in here that buttery kept coming to mind as I exhaled slowly, the finish lasting and lip smacking good.

A third in and the burn is sharp with a medium to light gray ash forming that is somewhat loose, a small piece falls off at the very beginning, but holds strong for another inch. At one point, I had a difficult time getting smoke to come through, which usually is due to tunneling. After ashing my hunch is confirmed as there’s a large, gaping hole right down the center of the coal.

Where I’m sitting, the sun is really baking into my clothes, and I can feel sweat beading which is quite unusual in February. Heading into halfway, the tunnel disappears and strong, full bodied smoke flows effortlessly through the perfect draw. The peppery spice continues to hit the back of the throat; however not in a bad way at all as I like it. Flavors are really good with the same ginger bread taste, wood, and a buttery finish that lasts long on the palate.

Into the final third, the strength continues to be right at full with the spice still kicking fairly well. The smoke flows effortlessly as it has from the beginning, and I begin to detect a fairly strong earthiness coming into the mix of flavors, strong and delicious with the finish lasting well on the palate. Admittedly, I don’t smoke many Illusione cigars; however this was definitely one of the better ones I’ve had. With sharp burn, perfect draw, rich flavors, and lasting finish, this was a thoroughly enjoyable smoke on an absolutely gorgeous day.

02-21-11IllusioneSingularePhantom003.jpg

02-21-11IllusioneSingularePhantom001.jpg

02-21-11IllusioneSingularePhantom002.jpg

Think I'll have to light mine up tomorrow night. Thanks for the review.

I'm not an Illusione fan either. Chris McCann gifted me one of these a couple months ago and I think that your review is right on.
Very good smoke that I really enjoyed.

Great review Greg. I personally love Illusione and found this smoke to be a real treat.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Illusione Phantom, gotta pick one up. Great review and pics.

I've really enjoyed this release, I like them as much as his Epernay line.

Great review and pics Greg! Think I'll smoke one tomorrow night.

I need to try this brand. From the sounds of it this is the one to try.

Nice reveiw. Thanks.

I hate when you are having an excellent cigar and it tunnels. Glad it came back around. Sounds like a great cigar.