• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I'm a Gettin' Married Pass II (In honor of Ian - thefatguy)

Okay guys, here are my proposed Puts/Takes:

Put: Buena Vista Reserva Corona Gorda
Take: Ortega D No. 7

Put: Padron 1926 Serie No. 9 Maduro
Take: CAO Bratalia Perfecto (Non-Barber Pole)

Put: Cohiba Maduro 5 Secreto
Take: Bolivar Belicoso Fino

Put: Rafael Gonzalez Corona Extra
Take: Fonseca No. 1

Put: Partagas Serie P No. 1 (Jar Release)
Take: Trinidad Robusto Extra

Well that's it gentlemen. Just waiting for approval before passing this on to MOBIG. Thanks...

I haven't had any time to check the value of the cigars, but the puts are great additions to the pass.

Put: Buena Vista Reserva Corona Gorda....$7.50
Take: Ortega D No. 7....$6.50

Put: Padron 1926 Serie No. 9 Maduro....$18.80
Take: CAO Bratalia Perfecto (Non-Barber Pole)....$8.00

Put: Cohiba Maduro 5 Secreto....$7.85
Take: Bolivar Belicoso Fino....$7.80

Put: Rafael Gonzalez Corona Extra....$6.60
Take: Fonseca No. 1....$4.40

Put: Partagas Serie P No. 1 (Jar Release)....$21.00
Take: Trinidad Robusto Extra....17.00

Well that's it gentlemen. Just waiting for approval before passing this on to MOBIG. Thanks...

Well, I must say that these are some interesting choices.

In my opinion...
#1...OK...in some passes this wouldn't flush, too large of a difference, but I think Charlie will say this is acceptable.
#2...No Go...not even close. If it was the barber pole edition, this would be acceptable.
#3...OK
#4...No Go. Too large of a difference.
#5...No Go. I tried to value the Partagas as fairly as possible and still it's off by too much.

If thechenman has his research pricing available to support his P&Ts, by all means, please post it...I'm not trying to bust balls here....just trying to help out Charlie as he's busy smoking cigars, drinking scotch, and eating steak on his usual Thursday night out with the boys! :laugh:

Guys, the spirit of a Cigar Pass is to educate all of us on the different cigars out there by doing some research and to exchange them at similar prices...some Pass Sponsors want this done within 25 to 50 cents per stick during the P&T process. I figure Charlie is a bit more lenient and would go with a dollar at most. Obviously Charlie is the final judge as he is the Pass Sponsor. The fact that you make the PUT more expensive than the TAKE is not at all acceptable...while it may look nice and be meant as a good hearted gesture...it's not done this way for a reason and this Pass is no exception to the Pass Rules just because Ian is getting married.

If you are not familiar with the Rules of a Cigar Pass, look them up in this section and do a bit of reading...it's all out there. Jonesy's Newbie Passes are great reading on how this is done for those of us not familiar with them. :thumbs:

Put: Buena Vista Reserva Corona Gorda....$7.50
Take: Ortega D No. 7....$6.50

Put: Padron 1926 Serie No. 9 Maduro....$18.80
Take: CAO Bratalia Perfecto (Non-Barber Pole)....$8.00

Put: Cohiba Maduro 5 Secreto....$7.85
Take: Bolivar Belicoso Fino....$7.80

Put: Rafael Gonzalez Corona Extra....$6.60
Take: Fonseca No. 1....$4.40

Put: Partagas Serie P No. 1 (Jar Release)....$21.00
Take: Trinidad Robusto Extra....17.00

I think dave is just being very generous. Upgrading a stick by $1.00 or $1.50 is not too bad but when goes to $10 or $15 it starts making the pass very difficult to contribute, not everyone has $21 sticks to trade. :cool:
and where did you find a Trinidad Robusto extra for $17 :whistling: I found them at $12 -$14 ;)
and you already busting balls I see go easy on Ian getting the rope tied around his neck, its his pass this will be the last MANLY decision he makes on his own!!! :laugh: :D

Hey guys, Bratalia non barber pole did not come in a perfecto. Most of the perfecto barber poles faded to not look like two different tobaccos. If this is a perfecto, it IS or was the barber pole...I still have 2 or 3 left and if need be can show you a picture to better explain.

I think dave is just being very generous. Upgrading a stick by $1.00 or $1.50 is not too bad but when goes to $10 or $15 it starts making the pass very difficult to contribute, not everyone has $21 sticks to trade. :cool:
and where did you find a Trinidad Robusto extra for $17 :whistling: I found them at $12 -$14 ;) ...me too, I used the same website as the Jar Release in an attempt to close the gap in price and make it workable ;) As always in figuring pricing in a Pass Jesus, it's an average price...not just the lowest! :whistling:
and you already busting balls I see go easy on Ian getting the rope tied around his neck, its his pass this will be the last MANLY decision he makes on his own!!! :laugh: :D

Not busting at all....I was just trying to keep the integrity of a Cigar Pass intact... ;)

I yield....

Thanks bro :laugh: .

This is my first official pass, (still waiting on the sit your ass down and herf pass), I've been asking Charlie to run one and had no idea it would be in honor of me I just really wanted to participate. That being said, it is nice to know exactly what people expect with P's and T's. I have read a lot of the threads and it seems everyone's rules are slightly different, I really don't want to screw up when I get to do some P's and T's. I think you're right, Charlie seems to be a little more forgiving than some, he and I have discussed this topic many times. Thanks again Charlie and sorry I missed you guys last night. I smoked one of the Opus's Louie gave me before he passed and one his wife, Pat, gave me after he passed. He was a GREAT guy and is truely missed.

I smoked one of the Opus's Louie gave me before he passed and one his wife, Pat, gave me after he passed. He was a GREAT guy and is truely missed.
i can't believe it's already been a year on Wednesday.

Yeah Mark, it sucks. Its been just over a year since I lost my father and it really sucks.

Guys...sorry for the controversy. Ironpeddler...truly do appreciate the input. As Ian has stated there are different levels of leeway given who's running the pass...I perhaps too too much, but always prefer to err on the side of caution. That and the fact that this is essentially a wedding pass for Ian. Didn't mean to flaunt the rules, and apologies to anyone I may have upset.

As Charlie is running the show and approves of my P/Ts I will run with this and will hand off the Pass to Jesus on Monday.

Thanks for letting me play.

No harm no foul guys, lets keep this baby moving as the wedding is in July. I'll update the original post shortly....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

So the hand off went smooth no one drop the box! give me a few I'll post my P/T before the end of the night.

untitled.jpg

EP Carillo Short Run 2012 Nitidos /Take
Tat Black PL /PUT

My Father LE 2011 Toro /Take
Tat 2009 La Verite / Put

Viaje Platino Samurai Maduro /take
Oliva V 08 / Put

Ok guys tell me what you think. :cool:

Passing off a box in the middle of the street...in New York...bet that didn't look suspicious, lol.

EP Carillo Short Run 2012 Nitidos /Take
Tat Black PL /PUT

My Father LE 2011 Toro /Take
Tat 2009 La Verite / Put

Viaje Platino Samurai Maduro /take
Oliva V 08 / Put

Ok guys tell me what you think. :cool:

That was quick Jesus, looks good to me. I'm sure our brother Gary (ironpeddler) will chime in soon......... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Good work so far guys and I am looking forward to participating in this pass with you fine gentalmen. It has been great to follow so far.

Guys Dave & I don't fit the profile, deals like that go down in big city all the time. Lol ;)