• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Inaugural CP Canadian Pass

Package is now in the hands of Canada Post headed towards Rural Guy.

DC# 0102 9350 0004 4969

Anticipated delivery is 4 business days, but we'll see if it makes it sooner. The trip from Cowtown here was pretty f'n quick for a parcel!

Cheers Gents!
Keith

Hey guys,

I'm getting Nov 3 as the anticipated delivery date from can posts web page. Hopefully it'll be sooner and I can get it out this week.

I certainly hope it's faster than that. The clerk at the desk told me 4 business days, so hopefully he knows what he's talking about and not just pulling figures out of his head.

Package is now in the hands of Canada Post headed towards Rural Guy.

DC# 0102 9350 0004 4969

Anticipated delivery is 4 business days, but we'll see if it makes it sooner. The trip from Cowtown here was pretty f'n quick for a parcel!

Cheers Gents!
Keith

Hey guys,

I'm getting Nov 3 as the anticipated delivery date from can posts web page. Hopefully it'll be sooner and I can get it out this week.

I certainly hope it's faster than that. The clerk at the desk told me 4 business days, so hopefully he knows what he's talking about and not just pulling figures out of his head.

I'm sure it's just one of those things where the latest they will promise delivery is Nov 3 but in reality it usually only takes 4 days.

I'm sure it's just one of those things where the latest they will promise delivery is Nov 3 but in reality it usually only takes 4 days.

Considering the package from Calgary to Winnipeg was only about 2 days, and the amount I paid for shipping was almost identical to what thevalkryie paid, I'm sure that'll be the case here.

Shamrocker I can't believe you passed up the 6 year old Bolivar #1 tubo. When I was picking I didn't know the age but it could be 6 years until I get to have another one of those!

I don't want to take all the goodies early on in the pass. I do happen to have a BBF sitting in the humi that's probably got about 6 years on it. It was brought back from Cuba back before I knew my wife, and we'd been dating late in 2004.

Looks like this landed in Ottawa today so hopefully it'll be out to Perth for delivery in the morning. If that's the case and I get it tomorrow I'll have it sent out same day or Friday on my lunch if it comes late Thursday. If it doesn't come until after lunch on Friday I won't be able to get it out until after work Friday as I'm stuck on phones that day taking complaints. I'll let you all know once it's on its way with a tracking #.

Looks like this landed in Ottawa today so hopefully it'll be out to Perth for delivery in the morning. If that's the case and I get it tomorrow I'll have it sent out same day or Friday on my lunch if it comes late Thursday. If it doesn't come until after lunch on Friday I won't be able to get it out until after work Friday as I'm stuck on phones that day taking complaints. I'll let you all know once it's on its way with a tracking #.

Good to hear it's more like the 4 days the guy told me at the counter, not the Nov. 3 as quoted on the tracking page.

Yup, it's here, just got it. Gonna do my p/ts and get it to the PO by noon for the afternoon run. I'll update with tracking # this aft.

And it's OFF!

Everything looks good. Great idea with the humi paks. Tracking # is 0102 4290 0016 7303 a la Canada Post.

To ADD: It SHOULD be there tomorrow, if not by Monday at the latest.

well, dang... I wasn't expecting to have to think about this so soon... :0

let's see... so many tasty treats... must restrain myself, since I can't have'em all... :sign:

how's this look for a take/put list --

T- #11 Cuaba Divinos ($3.40) / P- Padron panatela ($3.70)
T- #12 Cuaba Divinos ($3.40) / P- Olor Fuerte Magnum ($4.08)
T- #14 RASS ($4.95) / P- Rocky Patel American Market Selection torpedo ($5.10)
T- #25 AF 8-5-8 Natural ($4.19) / P- Montecristo #4 ($4.30)
T- #10 Montecristo #2 ($7.60) / P- Rocky Patel Vintage '92 mini-beli ($7.00)
T- #37 CAO MX 2 belicoso ($5.39) / P- Nub Maduro 460 ($5.13)
T- #40 LFD Double Ligero Chisel ($6.94) / P- Torano Reserva Selecta Maduro Tubo torpedo ($6.60)
T- #24 CAO Brazilia Gol ($4.96) / P- CAO CX 2 Robusto ($5.00)

T- # 6 Padron 64 Diplomatico Maduro ($12.88) / P- Tatuaje Frank ($13.00)
T- # 4 Opus X Super Belicoso ($12.00) / P- Camacho Triple Maduro 6x60 ($12.02)
T- # 8 Padron 64 Corona Maduro ($9.31) / P- Padilla Miami 8/11 robusto ($9.36)

I've gone heavy on the T/P, anticipating that some may not be a good swap, hopefully to save time since Mike is expecting that I'll get the package tomorrow. Feel free to slap me upside the head (Newf only, since it's his pass) ;) (but if you're good with all of those, then I am too) :cool:

I did eye those Anejos, somewhat wistfully, but I don't have anything that comes remotely close to matching prices on those... that Frank is probably the priciest stick in my humi, other than a couple that were gifted to me.

so... how badly did I put my foot in it for my first CP pass? :blush:

It's only my first one as well but it seems to me one of the positives about being the host (as you also take all the risk) is that you get back a vary large variety of cigars so it's probably good we all aren't only taking 2 or 3 (like me :laugh: ) otherwise it'd be hard to justify the cost of shipping it to Calgary in the first place if you get back almost all the same sticks.

Ps & Ts are good Rick. Don't have time right now to update the original list.

Mike, yes, nice variety to get back is a good thing. Many of the smokes exchanged I've never had and this comes as a bonus.

This baby is soon on her way home!!!

Thank you gentlemen!!!!!

I must say this pass was an excellent experience! Great way to get in contact with some upstanding BOTLs and trade a few cigars in the process. I certainly hope we can do this again in the future, maybe with a few more Canadian participants.

It's only my first one as well but it seems to me one of the positives about being the host (as you also take all the risk) is that you get back a vary large variety of cigars so it's probably good we all aren't only taking 2 or 3 (like me :laugh: ) otherwise it'd be hard to justify the cost of shipping it to Calgary in the first place if you get back almost all the same sticks.

justifying the cost of shipping was one of my motivating factors - I was thinking to go at least 6 or 8 swaps, on the basis that there wouldn't be much point in only swapping 3 or 4 (you surprised me Mike, by swapping so few)

Ps & Ts are good Rick. Don't have time right now to update the original list.

Mike, yes, nice variety to get back is a good thing. Many of the smokes exchanged I've never had and this comes as a bonus.

This baby is soon on her way home!!!

Thank you gentlemen!!!!!

good to hear, I'm glad I didn't come across as a greedy sod (or maybe I did and y'all are being too Canadian to say anything) :p in some cases it was tough to find matches in my humi, since there was a nice selection of $4 to $6 smokes in the pass, all of which would be nice to try. my so-called restraint could have been better, I guess... will have to work on that next time (assuming I don't get the ole heave-ho next time a pass list gets made) ;)

from the tracking website, it appears that the package is making the trip from Ottawa to Toronto today, so I guess I won't get it til Monday (dang, now I'm jealous of them yanks, and their saturday delivery... such a pity that CanPost decided to axe that so many years ago) ???

we might have to see about recruiting a few of our canadian sisters and brothers from other forums - there's gotta be more than just four of us out there

good to hear, I'm glad I didn't come across as a greedy sod (or maybe I did and y'all are being too Canadian to say anything) :p >>>SNIP

Not at all my friend. If one of the earlier guys had tried so many exchanges, I may have had an issue with it. As noted in the first post, all Grour 2 was doubled and I wanted everyone to have as good a chance to sample as much of a choise as possible. But since you're the last, all is good and all group 2 came from full of nearly full boxes I have.

I was suprised you took both Cuabas. You ever have one before?

I was suprised you took both Cuabas. You ever have one before?

nope, never heard of them... :D but they sounded interesting and I've got a good friend that would be happy to help me out with that second one :cool: