• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

IPA Recipe?

Yeah no 60 min Hops

The way to a super fruity IPA is to only add late addition hops. As you can see that your 1st hop addition is at 15 mins left in the boil. The massive amounts of hops late in the boil will give you just enough bitterness and all the volatile hop oils that add flavor and aroma.

Last edited:
So did you brew? How did it go?

Sure did! Like a real rookie I ran out of gas juuuuuuust in time for flameout. So it all worked! Hit target OG spot on. Everything went well and the fermenter is bubbling away. Can't wait to try this one, thanks again for the recipe!

Did you take any photos, I'd love to see how murky the IPA ended up.

I took a bunch that really didn't come out too well cause of all the steam from the kettle. It did come out a reeeeeal nice murky tan color, looking forward to the finished product! I'll take some shots when I check gravity by the end of this week.

After a week in primary:

EB37CE2C-8D7E-46C9-BEF7-1F5193A69A20.jpg

What's the F.G. on it? It looks perfect man, good job. Did you dry hop yet?

What's the F.G. on it? It looks perfect man, good job. Did you dry hop yet?

Giving it another day or two to make sure ferm has completed. Sitting at 1.020 right now so I wouldn't mind seeing it drop just a tad more...if its still there by Thurs, dry hop time, baby!

Thanks again for the recipe, can't wait to try it. Already smells freakin' fantastic.

Give your fermenter a swirl, it should reactivate the yeasties a tad. 1.020 is right I. The range for this style so it will work good if it doesn't drop any further. How many cells did you pitch? Did you make a yeast starter? An under pitch could cause it to not hit target, and the fact that you used a different yeast strain may play a roll too. I always use a yeast calculator to get me in the ballpark on my estimated yeast pitch. Starters are also amazing. If you need help, I can help you teach you about the importance of yeast and how starters help your beer. I can even teach you how to make your own stir plate.

Thanks man! I always use a starter unless I'm going with dry yeast in a pinch, buuuut I've just never been a fan of the flavor I get from dry yeast, so I try not to use it. I'm not sure of the number of cells...not quite that advanced in the calculation department of my brewing yet, but I'm getting there! I figured the 1.020 was pretty spot on, as it puts me right at session IPA strength, but I guess its just a thing I have that I always love to see my FG below the 1.020 mark. Anyway...thanks again for all the help!