• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Isolation Floating Chamber

Light this!

Licensed to Kill
Hope all is well with everyone. Has anyone ever tried it? I finally got a chance to do it today. 90 minutes in a enclosed 7x4 isolation floating chamber filled with a foot of epsom filled water in complete darkness and sound proof. Nothing but your thoughts.

You basically float in the epsom salt effortlessly. It took me a bit to get relaxed and to completely float. It kinda puts you in a trance-y, sleepy altered state. I even got to the point where all I could hear was my heart beat and breathing. I did pretty good considering that I'm a bit claustrophobic. I was good as I had my eyes closed in the beginning and when I opened them in complete darkness, it freaked me out a bit until I regained my bearings. After a bit you kinda loose sense of direction and where the door is.

Overall a great experience to put things in perspective. Time goes by very slow and and your mind really starts to wander in different directions but also a chance to get your thoughts in order.

I'm looking forward to give this another try soon.

Love the altered state reference.

Definitely want to do it one day.

Go for it brother. My nephew was the one that convinced me to do it and did the research on it. It was $75 for the 90 minutes and on par with the price of a massage.

ETA: Next time I'm going to have a glass of good o bourbon before I enter the tank. :D

Go for it brother. My nephew was the one that convinced me to do it and did the research on it. It was $75 for the 90 minutes and on par with the price of a massage.

ETA: Next time I'm going to have a glass of good o bourbon before I enter the tank. :D

Sweet.
Have you seen the movie Altered States?

Sweet.
Have you seen the movie Altered States?

No, not yet but I googled it and piqued my interest.

That sounds cool Kris. Did you do this around your way?

Michael, I did it near Boston. You should be able to find one in the city. These have been around since the late 50's and are now becoming a new craze again especially in spa etc. Just make sure they're clean and filter/sanitize the water after each use. The y had a shower in the room to shower before and after your session.

Happened at least once a Dead show. ;)

Gary, I have to admit that one point it felt like you were in a coffin. :(