• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Its been a tough few weeks

Petthefish

Sorry guys but I just need to get it all out. Well you all are great at bringing my spirits up

Two weeks ago I found out some of my lab results did not look too good. So now it looks like I need to go see a Nephrologists apparently diet and insulin is not controlling my blood sugars well enough and I am still taking enough insulin to take all the sugar out of Hershey. So there seems to be an underling issue that is making my body not being able to process the insulin. Add stress from other issues and a heavy workload I get to stress out about my health just when it was starting to get better.

Growing up my mother was a meth addict and home life was horrible (mom is clean now praise God) we had some close friends that lived right next door to my brother and I being twins it was quite unique to have another set of twins living right next door. We hit it off right away soon it became our second home spending every day at there place. There mom Marie was such a blessing she gave us rides to church, got us shoes and clothes when my mom would not, She would even pay for us to go to church camp every summer and youth group outings. Well last Sunday Marie went home to be with the Lord. She had been fighting the Big C for years and finally said that she was tired of fighting and wanted to go home she spend the last few days with her loved ones. She passed with her loved ones around her. Marie was like a mother to us growing up and it is killing me to know I will never get to hug her or give her a call and see how she is doing. Her daughters and I have talked a few times since her passing they are handling it well but I just can’t shake the sadness.

Sorry to be so long winded guys but I needed to just get it all out. Thanks guys RP

I hope everything works out with your health and I am very sorry for the loss of your Loved one. Marie sounds like she was an amazing women!

I am diabetic as well. I get it. It is a complex disease. Many organs are affected, so the treatment is tough to determine, and is different for each of us. It is almost a customized treatment. You need to understand that you are certainly not alone in your illness. There are professional people you can talk to about being depressed. As far as your neighbor lady is concerned, wow, I am sure that is devastating. Share your thoughts with the people around you, that love you. Let them help you get through this. Your sadness will pass. In this instance, time is your friend. Take care of yourself.

Keep hanging in there Ryan, you sound like you have the strength to win the battle. So sad to here about your defacto mum ( Marie ) its sounds like you are really going to miss her love.

Sorry about your loss. My mom passed from cancer last year, and as much as I miss her every day, it is a relief to know she is not in the pain and suffering anymore that she had been enduring for so long. You sound like you have your spiritual beliefs in order, so rest easy knowing that she is in a better place than this mortal earth. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts. I hope that your insulin issues get figured out quickly. Stay strong.

Keep the faith brother. Sorry to hear about your health issues and your loss.

You will be in my prayers. God Bless.

Dave

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, but Marie has inspired me. It just goes to show what an impact you can have by acts of selfless service. Some people have to wonder if their lives made a difference, but Marie's definitely did -- You and your brother are Marie's legacy.

Sorry to hear about this. If you need another Brother in Christ to chat with, feel free to drop me a note. Keep you in my prayers.

Thanks guys I'm starting to feel better about things still following up with the doctors. I am thankful for the thoughts and prayers rp

Hang in there brother.....sending some good vibes your way.