• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jay's "Seven Days" Pass

Sounds like a plan Jake!

The pass has been inventoried checked over and re-packed. I'll get the ice packs in the box in the morning and then get it on the road. When it gets to Jake I'll post the rules for two of the contests Jay cooked up.

Sounds like a plan Jake!

The pass has been inventoried checked over and re-packed. I'll get the ice packs in the box in the morning and then get it on the road. When it gets to Jake I'll post the rules for two of the contests Jay cooked up.
How did our make-shift fridge box hold up on the first leg of the journey? Did it retain enough cold? Were the ice packs completely thawed or were they still a little frozen?

How did our make-shift fridge box hold up on the first leg of the journey? Did it retain enough cold? Were the ice packs completely thawed or were they still a little frozen?

It's probably a little late now that the pass has started but you guys could put one of those cheap digital thermometers in there that remember the high and low temperature it records. When the pass gets to one location the receiver resets the thermometer so you know what the max temperature got to be between destinations. It'd give you a pretty good indication of whether or not your contraption is working as expected.

Sounds like a plan Jake!

I didn't open the pass immediately when I got it, it sat over night. The ice packs had melted, but I can't say whether or not they made it to me with any ice left. We'll see how it does on the first few legs and adjust from there. I think we should be alright as long as the cigars get a bit of rest in between shipping.

Also on that note, I know I mentioned it before but it's worth repeating: make sure you leave any takes in the bags and separated for a little while just in case any beetle eggs hatched. This shouldn't be a big risk for the NC's since I believe most manufacturers freeze before shipping but it could come up with the ISOM's. If anything like that comes up please let me know promptly and I'll send a replacement out for you.

Apparently I can leech of of neighbors routers that don't know how to lock them up. Communication won't be an issue for me. :thumbs:

Minnie the Moocher, we still meeting up? Since you can post your own p/t's, perhaps we can meet up just to avoid shipping and for your cursory review of my p/t's? ???

Also, can we ship Fed-ex? My company's account makes it cheaper for me, plus the cigars will be insured with a tracking number.

As long as it's comparable to USPS priority shipping times(2-3 days) I don't see a problem with using Fed-Ex.

Apparently I can leech of of neighbors routers that don't know how to lock them up. Communication won't be an issue for me. :thumbs:

Minnie the Moocher, we still meeting up? Since you can post your own p/t's, perhaps we can meet up just to avoid shipping and for your cursory review of my p/t's? ???

Also, can we ship Fed-ex? My company's account makes it cheaper for me, plus the cigars will be insured with a tracking number.

WTF, Minnie the Moocher?

I'll call you later this week. I need to start looking at my own P/T's.

WTF, Minnie the Moocher?

Stealing internet --> mooching off neighbors --> Minnie the moocher.

It's a Jazz song by Cab Calloway. Didn't mean anything by it, haha.

Looks like we have another participant. Blue Dragon is gonna squeeze in between Modo22 and the KC guys.

WTF, Minnie the Moocher?

Stealing internet --> mooching off neighbors --> Minnie the moocher.

It's a Jazz song by Cab Calloway. Didn't mean anything by it, haha.
CLASSIC

This song was spoofed in many cartoons in the 40s & 50s...

When you said Minnie the Moocher, I could only think of the Blues Brother's rendition. ...

The pass got here today. I will go through it and post my p/t's tonight.

Mike, let's try and hook up early next week? (I'll have to look at my sched. to see what day.) That'll give this thing some time out of the Texas heat, and since we aren't having to ship it on this leg, the cigars will be protected...and the pass lag time will be the same.

When you said Minnie the Moocher, I could only think of the Blues Brother's rendition. ...

Same guy, just older. They pulled together some of the best blues-men in the country for that movie.

LMK what you think:

T: (28) GOF 2004 Churchill
P: (51) Opus X LFMF '10 Opus 22 Set (No Coffin)

T: (4) Por Larraanaga Exclusivo Asia Pacifico
P: (52) Montecristo Edmundo Dantes (2nd Release)

T: (34) Angelenos Toro
P: (53) Zino Platinum Scepter Series Chubby

The pass got here today. I will go through it and post my p/t's tonight.

Mike, let's try and hook up early next week? (I'll have to look at my sched. to see what day.) That'll give this thing some time out of the Texas heat, and since we aren't having to ship it on this leg, the cigars will be protected...and the pass lag time will be the same.

Just let me know where and when. All I have is my normal 7-7 grind, meeting up for a cigar break is a welcomed reward.

LMK what you think:

T: (28) GOF 2004 Churchill
P: (51) Opus X LFMF '10 Opus 22 Set (No Coffin)

T: (4) Por Larraanaga Exclusivo Asia Pacifico
P: (52) Montecristo Edmundo Dantes (2nd Release)

T: (34) Angelenos Toro
P: (53) Zino Platinum Scepter Series Chubby

Looks good Jake. Did the ice packs stay frozen at all?

They weren't frozen when they got here, but the temp. was fine. 72/73 in both containers.

I keep my house at 71, so the cigars are in great shape until they get to Audi. I will let him re-freeze the packs....it's pretty pointless for me to freeze them if I won't be shipping them to the next participant.

Mike,

Tuesday would be great for me. We can pull away at lunch and meet at the same place (Cigar Vault) like we did before in Up-Town?

They weren't frozen when they got here, but the temp. was fine. 72/73 in both containers.

I keep my house at 71, so the cigars are in great shape until they get to Audi. I will let him re-freeze the packs....it's pretty pointless for me to freeze them if I won't be shipping them to the next participant.

Mike,

Tuesday would be great for me. We can pull away at lunch and meet at the same place (Cigar Vault) like we did before in Up-Town?

Great to hear the package made it there in one piece at a decent temperature. I'll be sure to re-freeze the packs and will most likely ship it on the morning of the 20th. I'll be using FedEx 2nd day Air Saver so it will be at Pugman's by the end of Friday.

Pugman,
Will you be there to receive the package. If not, I can hold on to it until Monday the 25th as not to risk having it sit with FedEx over the weekend.

Jake,
Tuesday over lunch sounds great. I'll be sure to bring a stick this time as I'm not in the lab testing.