• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Jay's "Seven Days" Pass

Please keep this issue open to the HOLE PASS.

Each member has something to lose and gain until thisissue is resolved.

Message to me:

Here are what Wolfie sent me as Pugman's additions/subtractions from the pass:

Not in the box (presumed takes):
(8) Partagas Salomone
(11) San Cristóbal de la Habana Mercaderes
(12) San Cristobal de la Habana Oficios
(14) Montecristo No. 2
(31) ARTURO FUENTE ANEJO 55
(35) Dimond Crown Max.Churchill No.2
(48) Casa Magna Salomon

Not on the list (presumed puts):
(58) RYJ Res Maduro rob
(59) San Lotano torp
(60) Trinidad
(61) Fonseca Beli
(62) Fonseca Beli
(63) Fonseca Beli
(64) Fonseca Beli
(65) St Luis Rey Reserva Esp Roth
(66) LFD Limitado IV
(67) Fonseca Rob
(68) La Unica Dominican Primeros rob
(69) Panacea Red Torp
(70) Panacea Red Torp
(71) Panacea Black Torp
(71) Panacea Black Torp
(73) Panacea white short rob

Message to me:

Here are what Wolfie sent me as Pugman's additions/subtractions from the pass:

Not in the box (presumed takes):
(8) Partagas Salomone
(11) San Cristóbal de la Habana Mercaderes
(12) San Cristobal de la Habana Oficios
(14) Montecristo No. 2
(31) ARTURO FUENTE ANEJO 55
(35) Dimond Crown Max.Churchill No.2
(48) Casa Magna Salomon

Not on the list (presumed puts):
(58) RYJ Res Maduro rob
(59) San Lotano torp
(60) Trinidad
(61) Fonseca Beli
(62) Fonseca Beli
(63) Fonseca Beli
(64) Fonseca Beli
(65) St Luis Rey Reserva Esp Roth
(66) LFD Limitado IV
(67) Fonseca Rob
(68) La Unica Dominican Primeros rob
(69) Panacea Red Torp
(70) Panacea Red Torp
(71) Panacea Black Torp
(71) Panacea Black Torp
(73) Panacea white short rob

Ok is this Ed's first time, because this seems a bit nutty to me.I dont know a lot about CC's, are these up to par? Very odd to see a person put multiples of more than one cigar and not even communicate that you have toe pass. I kow I cant wait to get my hands on all 4 of the Fonseca Beli's and the Trinidad whatever!:whistling:

Wow.... I don't know what else to really say. Hopefully Pugman didn't smoke any of his takes, because that's so far out of whack I don't know where to start.

Wow.

Regardless of who is involved or running the pass, this doesn't bode well for all CP members. Those put/takes aren't even close enough to think about letting flow through. I know it's typically a CC for a CC, NC for an NC and is up to the pass owner, but this is ridiculous.

Taking 7 premium cigars and replacing with 16 everyday smokes, isn't what CP is about. I think participants really need to take a look at the original cigars in a pass and then decide for themselves, if they have the ammo to do logical puts/takes. In this case, I don't think Pugman does.

Wow.

Regardless of who is involved or running the pass, this doesn't bode well for all CP members. Those put/takes aren't even close enough to think about letting flow through. I know it's typically a CC for a CC, NC for an NC and is up to the pass owner, but this is ridiculous.

Taking 7 premium cigars and replacing with 16 everyday smokes, isn't what CP is about. I think participants really need to take a look at the original cigars in a pass and then decide for themselves, if they have the ammo to do logical puts/takes. In this case, I don't think Pugman does.

Whoa HTF does this happen, who the hell is minding the store here? Let's get this answered ASAP!

Considering he was online and posting last night, yet still ignoring this thread, good luck getting anything ASAP, except more headaches.

Wow.

Whoa HTF does this happen, who the hell is minding the store here? Let's get this answered ASAP!

That would be me. I haven't heard back yet from Pugman as to why he thought he did puts and takes the way he did. Jay asked me to give him a chance to set it right so that's what I'll do.

The best option I can think of currently is to have him re-do his puts and takes remotely before Wolfie mails the pass on. The other option is for him to return all of his takes and pay for Wolfie to send his puts back. I don't care to delay the pass too much further, so I'm leaning toward the second option. I'll send Pugman another PM and direct him here.

Wow.

That would be me. I haven't heard back yet from Pugman as to why he thought he did puts and takes the way he did. Jay asked me to give him a chance to set it right so that's what I'll do.

The best option I can think of currently is to have him re-do his puts and takes remotely before Wolfie mails the pass on. The other option is for him to return all of his takes and pay for Wolfie to send his puts back. I don't care to delay the pass too much further, so I'm leaning toward the second option. I'll send Pugman another PM and direct him here.

I also sent him a PM and copied Rod on it. Bad move all around on his part. If you don't know ask someone before you act!

So just to clear up any misconceptions that may be floating around, Pugman did his puts and takes entirely on his own. The only thing I heard from him regarding the pass was when I pm'd him several days after the confirmation number said delivered, and he said it was all done and on it's way to Wolfie. I didn't find out about his puts and takes until Wolfie received the pass and did an inventory.

As it stands right now we're waiting on Pugman to reply. I'm more than willing to work with him on getting this resolved amicably. If that doesn't work out fairly soon I'll get the sticks replaced in the pass, and we'll go from there.

I agree PUGMAN own up.

Moving forward, I have the little lady looking in the HUMI to pull sticks and send them on to replace what is missing.

This community will weed out those who do not respect what it stands for.

Thanks for you comments.

Jay Newsom

Guys, I think it will do a disservice, if you replace what was taken from your own stock. I understand the want to make it right, but that should be on Pugman and nobody else.

Guys, I think it will do a disservice, if you replace what was taken from your own stock. I understand the want to make it right, but that should be on Pugman and nobody else.
Could not agree more, however every one in the pass not just MYSELF stand to lose out if this is not resolved in a timely manner.

If ED is going to make good on this he has time to do so.

But as long as I have stock to put back in I can and will.

Its up to ED to decide what CigarPass is all about.

The FOLKS on CP will do the rest, and we all know that. :thumbs:

"As far as puts and takes go, I'd prefer to keep it pretty standard: 1 for 1 trades, Cuban for Cuban, NC for NC, and try to keep the rarity and value as close as possible. I would welcome and greatly appreciate group discussion on puts and takes. Please try to keep the cigar list in the pass updated."

shenanigans-snowball-and-suke-pi-demotivational-poster-1249783892.jpg

Me thinks the game is afoot!

I hear what you're saying, and I apologize for not posting the full details publicly. The only reason I didn't push this immediately out to the forum was that I hadn't had been able to really confirm the details with Ed (I know what I received, but I don't know anything about the how, when, and why), and I didn't want to jump the gun until I was clear on what was really going on. Part of that lies with me in that between work and issues with the new house, I haven't been as good about answering and returning calls as I could and should. If I'd caught his call the end of last week when he initially sent the package, I'd have known a lot earlier.

I just checked and don't see a fax from him currently, and I didn't get an answer at the number I have for him. It IS the middle of the day, so he may well simply not be home. I haven't been around the block as much as most so maybe I'm being naive, but he always struck me as a decent guy, and I want to believe he acted in earnest and give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm still looking forward to getting this straightened out, but seeing him not post here does make me wonder.

I hear what you're saying, and I apologize for not posting the full details publicly. The only reason I didn't push this immediately out to the forum was that I hadn't had been able to really confirm the details with Ed (I know what I received, but I don't know anything about the how, when, and why), and I didn't want to jump the gun until I was clear on what was really going on. Part of that lies with me in that between work and issues with the new house, I haven't been as good about answering and returning calls as I could and should. If I'd caught his call the end of last week when he initially sent the package, I'd have known a lot earlier.

I just checked and don't see a fax from him currently, and I didn't get an answer at the number I have for him. It IS the middle of the day, so he may well simply not be home. I haven't been around the block as much as most so maybe I'm being naive, but he always struck me as a decent guy, and I want to believe he acted in earnest and give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm still looking forward to getting this straightened out, but seeing him not post here does make me wonder.
i agree

Geez....I read this in disbelief.

This isn't a joke, right? Ed knows the deal and how this is supposed to take place....this is so outa' whack that it seems like a bad joke!

Jay, as noble as you are to get this resolved quickly, I suggest we wait for Ed to speak up and make this right & whole again. Delaying the Pass is OK considering the hot weather and the guys involved being more concerned with doing the right thing than getting it done quickly.

Let's hit the 'Pause' button for now, regroup our thoughts a bit, and not jump to fry the guy until we hear his reasoning behind this....hopefully in a timely manor.

JMHO

PS: are there any Pirate sightings in Ed's part of town?

The plan currently is to give Pugman some time to respond before getting the cigars replaced. Obviously we want to give him a chance at rectifying his error on his own.

When I first read this off my phone I thought it was a joke ??? nothing funny about this :angry: . We need a serious explanation on this one

I guess some people are incapable of following simple directions.

Isn't he related to Lurch? I could be wrong, but contacting Michael might help if Ed doesn't explain himself.

That's pretty messed up.