After moving the forums to the root of CigarPass.com, some images appear broken. Please check your signatures, posts, etc to ensure your embedded images are correctly showing. If not, you may need to update the image path location.

Johnny-O BHK 54

Discussion in 'Cigar Reviews' started by Jimmy_Jack, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Jimmy_Jack

Jimmy_Jack Member

Aug 31, 2016
    So I bought a sampler of Johnny-O customs a while back. I enjoyed them quite a bit. The price is good and they're well made.

In particular I like his 1966, Corona Extra, and BHK 52/54/56. I've ordered several more times since that first order. I'm enjoying them fresh and have put some away to age. If they last I'll be surprised.

I'm going to review a Behique 54(his spelling) today. I received these last week and dry boxes 24hrs.

Construction is great. Wrapper is light in color and delicate. A nice cap and the foot is packed. Honestly, this thing was packed full and I was concerned about the draw.

I punched it and to my pleasure a great draw. I toasted the foot and let it stew in its own embers for a few. I've been doing this more frequently and in my own mind, it makes for a more even burn...who knows.

1/3 starts mellow. No pepper hit which I'm happy to find. I'm not a fan of the pepper bombs. Smooth and rich smoke. Flavor wise toasted tobacco, light hay and that musk mushroom flavor. Very enjoyable. Burn is even.

2/3. Still a great even burn and a solid ash. Flavor has progressed. A little fuller bodied and keeping the same hay/mushroom flavors. Creamy smoke. On the finish I would say Montecristo'esque. Not an exact match but hints.

Final 3rd remains the same with an uptick in body. The burn has gotten a little off. Nothing bad. Should have dry boxes for 2 days instead of one. A bit more pepper added to the mix. A clean finish and still a lot of smoke. I'm guessing but I don't think there is a lot of ligero in this blend, and I'm just fine with that.

A very enjoyable cigar. I don't really do number ratings. I've already ordered more. If you have an opportunity to smoke one I would suggest trying it out.

Attached Files:

2. Acclaym

Acclaym Moderation in Moderation

Jun 14, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Can't wait to try mine. Nice review, sir.

Jimmy_Jack likes this.
  3. cookie_1978

cookie_1978 Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I just ordered and received a nice selection from Johnny. I tried one so far and was very pleased. He provided great service and communication. I would definitely recommend his sticks to anyone who is on the fence.

Jimmy_Jack likes this.
  4. Brickhouse

Brickhouse J.C. Newman owes me royalties.

Apr 12, 2006
    Chatham, IL
    I need to order a bundle of some stuff from Johnny and let it sit a few years. Keep meaning to do that. Nice review.

Jimmy_Jack likes this.
  5. Setharsis

Setharsis Boot'tye Zdorovy

Aug 11, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Just reminded me...I think I have some stuff stashed from 7 years ago...

MaxG, Jimmy_Jack and Acclaym like this.
  6. Acclaym

Acclaym Moderation in Moderation

Jun 14, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    I feel a contest coming on.... *crosses fingers*

Jimmy_Jack likes this.