• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Johnny-O! Cazador Shagfoot

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I picked these up a couple few weeks ago and am very glad I did! This was my first shagfoot of any cigar and found it quite novel that the tobacco was not cut after rolling. The cigars came in with a tremendous barnyard smell, and I couldn’t wait to try one of these. Construction was excellent with the wrapper smooth and oily.

The cigar was quite heavy in the hand and there were not hard spots to be found when squeezed. I punched the cap, but found the draw to be a bit on the tight side, so went ahead and made a clean cut of the head with the Palio. I put fire to the shagfoot and smoke poured from the smoldering bunch of leaves. Taking a long draw, I was surprised to find that I got a very nice amount of smoke even though the embers had not made it to the end of the wrapper as yet. Delicious, sweet smoke came through tasting of cocoa and perfect roasted nuts. Saltiness on the lips that tasted wonderful!

Fire reached the wrapper and a very nice pepper spice hit the back of the throat in the perfect amount. Still that rich cocoa taste, sweet with a saltiness continuing on the lips. A perfect balance between the flavors. The smoke itself was a medium body that is perfect. Halfway the strength remained a good medium and the pepper spiciness died down a bit, however the flavors remained excellent with some rich earth coming through A fantastic smoke IMO! Thanks John!

11-07-08JOCazadorShag001.jpg

11-07-08JOCazadorShag002.jpg

11-07-08JOCazadorShag003.jpg

11-07-08JOCazadorShag004.jpg

Looks great, and the pictures are top notch as always Greg. The Shagfoot only adds to the beauty of these awsome smokes.

Great review Greg! I have to admit I've never seen a smoke like that. I'll have to check em out.

Thanks for the great review. This looks like a fantastic cigar to snag.

I hate you, not realy but sort of. These went fast yesterday, and they look so good.

Nice review as always Greg. I had just about given up on JO's. The two I had were just not that pleasant. Someone asked me about them last night and I told this person that I'd have to try the one remaining I had................Wow! Now I see what all the fuss is about. Wish I had more of those. Don't know what it was, but it was a very flavorful, great performer. Very rich and earthy.