• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Johnny-O! Robusto Extra Pigtail

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
So much for the awesome weather, woke up to cloudy gray sky with a cool wind blowing. I fixed a fresh cup of coffee with cream and sugar, just the way I like it, and grabbed a JO! Robusto Extra from the humi. The cigar has a light, golden brown wrapper with plenty of oil and a couple of prominent veins. It had a slight give when squeezed, good weight in the hand, and after punching the cap I found the draw very tight with very little air flowing through, so use my Palio and clip a bit off, however this didn't help. I put fire to the foot and blew on the forming embers, and once a good burn was going, took a few puffs and just couldn’t get a good draw due to the tightness.

I puffed on the cigar until a quarter inch of ash had formed, then finally got my draw tool out and ran it through a couple times. Although the draw was still a bit tight, using the draw tool definitely helped as I was able to get more than enough smoke through that had a perfect amount of peppery spice on the tongue. It was medium in strength and had a rather light texture on the palate with tastes of rich straightforward tobacco. The finish was what I would describe as clean and lasting.

A third in and the burn is sharp with a mottled light and dark gray ash forming that held strong. Unfortunately, the draw became tight again, however after using the draw tool once more, it opened up to produce the perfect amount of smoke. The spice was consistent as well as the strength, both being a good medium with flavors continuing to be quite rich, smooth over the palate with the finish still clean and lasting.

I ended up using the draw tool one last time towards the end, which worked well opening up the draw. Other than the overly tight draw, the cigar performed perfectly with sharp burn, rich flavor, and lasting finish on the palate that paired well with my coffee. Thoroughly enjoyable cigar as always John!

03-21-10JORobExtra001.jpg

03-21-10JORobExtra002.jpg

Wow, at the rate you're going if you don't slow down with the reviews you'll run out of cigars to review soon. :laugh:

No bug picture?!? BOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!1 :p

Wow, at the rate you're going if you don't slow down with the reviews you'll run out of cigars to review soon. :laugh:

No bug picture?!? BOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!1 :p

No bugs, however here's one of Jess' early b-day presents from the in-laws. Frank n' Freddy the frogs! :laugh:

DSC07638.jpg

I just love the Johhny-O sticks. The biggest problem I have with them is I cannot keep my hands off them. :laugh:

I just picked up some of these in a sampler. I can't wait to try it. Bummer about the draw. Thanks for the review!

I have not had the Robo, but I have had the Closed Poker Run, and noticed the same thing about the draw. But, I still really enjoy the JO sticks!

I have not had the Robo, but I have had the Closed Poker Run, and noticed the same thing about the draw. But, I still really enjoy the JO sticks!

Damn that is a bummer. I have had the CPR and the draw was good on them.

Damn that is a bummer. I have had the CPR and the draw was good on them.

Yeah, it was a bummer. Luckily I have had the pleasure of having about 4 other JO sticks before the bad one. I just figured it was just a bad stick, that comes every now and then with a hand rolled item.

It will definitely not turn me away from JO sticks in the future!