• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Johnny-O! Robusto

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Hot as hades outside, reaching near 95F on the gauge. Not so bad in the shade with the breeze blowing. Smoke this evening? A gorgeous dark brown, sticky, oily, Johnny-O! robusto! Heavy in the hand with a strong barnyard smell. Wrapper’s a little rough with a bit of give when squeezed. Head punched, pre-draw was a bit tight due to a tight roll right at the tip of the head. Taste is of strong, fresh tobacco. Torched, fire is put to the foot. First draw is medium bodied with loads of earthy leather, touch of cedar, delicious sweet, creamy cocoa. I mean loads of creamy, chocolatey cocoa. Sweet and delicious. Dark caramel with nougat and roasted nuts. Oh this thing is just a Snickers bar in disguise! It was quite consistent throughout with the chocolate/cocoa sweetness. Great burn, with the ash falling at the halfway mark. Towards the end it heated up quite a bit, mostly due to me drawing a little too hard I think. If this cigar is this good now with it being so freshly rolled, I can’t WAIT for the rest to get some age! Guess I’ll have to wait though…have to….wait….HAVE TO WAIT!! :laugh:

Those that got in on these, let me know your thoughts. I'm curious as to what flavors you detect in these.

06-05-08Imported013.jpg

06-05-08Imported015.jpg

06-05-08Imported016.jpg

06-05-08Imported019.jpg

06-05-08Imported022.jpg

06-05-08Imported023.jpg

06-05-08Imported024.jpg

06-05-08Imported027.jpg

06-05-08Imported041.jpg

06-05-08Imported045.jpg

Yet another awesome review brother!!! I might have to torch a Johnny-O soon now!!!

Don

Son of a....

I should have stopped by today after all. :D

Nice review, sounds like a great smoke, even young.

Very nice review. Your pics are second to none. I never tried one of these Johnny-0s

I'll just have to get some.

Bob

Another fine review my friend!

After reading it I must get one out and try it soon! I'll let you know when I do.

Thanks!

All of these I've smoked have been excellent. They've all been pretty fresh, too.

Nice review yet again, Greg. You seem to becoming quite the Habanophile. :)

Great review Greg! Haven't had a Robusto yet but all of the others were really good. You definitely have to let these dry out for several days upon arrival.... mine landed fresh and soppin' wet.

Another great review with fantastic pictures :thumbs:

Great job on the review! I have a Johnny-O that I can't wait to try. Really looking forward to it after reading this review. Excellent job.

Another great review Greg. The description sounds too good to be true!!! How do you compare them to the lonsdale? I loved the lonsdale and am curious about the rest of the Johnny's.

Nice review Greg! My experience was similar, although my palate isn't nearly as refined as yours. This stick was a little different than previous Johnny-O's I've had - the darker wrapper really adds a nice level of complexity to the cigar, even though they're so young. You still get nice sweet, nutty tobacco flavor, but as you mentioned, there's a dark, rich & creamy companion flavor that compliments it fantastically; a cocoa/chocolate flavor that I think almost has a coffee or espresso hint. Very nicely balanced, though, the flavors blend and don't compete, if that makes any sense. :)

I concur Greg - this is a really good cigar now and will be an awesome cigar next year. :thumbs:

If you have any stragglers you're looking to unload :rolleyes: , feel free to shoot me a PM. :D

Nice work. Soon as I get a chance, I'll review one of these as well. It will be interesting to see how the reviews vary. Of course, now that I've read this, my review will be pyschoMokily tainted.

Very nice review. :)

I haven't had one of John's cigars that I didn't like quite a bit.

Nice review and great pics. Now I'm kicking myself for not getting in on that GB!! :angry: :laugh:

Nice review but I can't say I've ever gotten the chocolate thing from a Johnny-O cigar. Unfortunately. if you don't smoke these young you'll have to wait a while as they mature and get through their early funky stages.

What a great review. Almost feel like I smoked it. This one will have to go on my wish list.

Thanks!

Nice review but I can't say I've ever gotten the chocolate thing from a Johnny-O cigar.

I've had a few others that didn't have the darker wrapper and didn't get the chocolate thing either - this one was the first I've noticed it in.

If this cigar is this good now with it being so freshly rolled, I can’t WAIT for the rest to get some age! Guess I’ll have to wait though…have to….wait….HAVE TO WAIT!! :laugh:

Very nice review and excellent pics.

Often, when a cigar is just rolled it tastes fantastic and may not taste that way again for maybe 4 to 5 years, depending on the cigar. Of course I'm referencing the Taboada, which are fantastic within 2 weeks of being rolled and then go to hospital or a long time.

Brian

I had one of these today and boy oh boy was it good. Smoking a Snickers bar was totally dead on. I was amazed. Thank you Greg. :D