• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Johnny-O Salomon

Dsav101

Women it seems are the antichrist.
Couldn't help it. Been warned numerous times not to touch em for a while since they are so young, but just looking in the humi and I felt today it had to be.......I shoulda listened to reason. This cigar is going to be yet another great in the lineup, but just didn't do me right as main flavoring I felt was chemically, as it was way too young. Oh well, lesson learned. However, to me it says something about the Johnny-O's since I was warned yet just had to try since I have tremendously enjoyed the others I have had. Greg, I shoulda listened to ya bro! :)

Don

Edit: cause I am retarded and put the wrong cigar shape :)

From what I have been told it is only a couple of months old. Honestly, it tasted as if it were yesterday, but I know it wasn't since I have had em maybe a month or so? Will have to PM John to see when they were made. And to see if he has any that are ready to fire up :)

Don

From what I have been told it is only a couple of months old. Honestly, it tasted as if it were yesterday, but I know it wasn't since I have had em maybe a month or so? Will have to PM John to see when they were made. And to see if he has any that are ready to fire up :)

Don

We got these right at a month ago. John said they had at least six months on them. Probably right in the middle of the sick period. I think I still have the "mini review" I did in our PM. I'll see if I can't post it up in here.

Per John, the Salamones have at least 6 months on them. I asked if they were smoking good and his response was one of us would have to be a guinea pig to try one and let the others know how it is. Well, I decided to be the guinea pig! :D

To get right to it, as you all know (or will know), these smokes have a bit of a strong odor which tells me they are still quite young. That and they are the oilyest (is that a word?) smokes I've ever seen. I went out back and put fire to one and the first few draws were quite strong and spicy. There was an immediate run in the smoke, a tell tale sign still too damp. After about a third the strong body settled down to a good medium, however the smoke was pretty bland. Not a whole lot of flavor coming through. Around the midway point, some flavors started coming through of ginger bread with floral tones. However, still not a lot there. Down towards the end it became quite full bodied and fairly hot. Again, akin to a young, damp smoke.

I would highly recommend tucking these smokes away for at least six months to a year. Maybe try one at six months and see how it smokes. If still no development, try another one in another six months to a year and so on.

I've not had a Johnny-O that wasn't good, some fantastic. I have no doubt that with some proper aging, these will be some really awesome smokes.

Greg

05-03-08Imported003.jpg

05-03-08Imported004.jpg

05-03-08Imported008.jpg

05-03-08Imported009.jpg

05-03-08Imported010.jpg

05-03-08Imported011.jpg

05-03-08Imported012.jpg

05-03-08Imported013.jpg

Thanks for posting that up bro! I wouldn't have guessed they had even 6 months on em! lol. Shows how good I am at this. Cannot wait till these mature a bit, as I believe they will be wonderful! And that is just based on the others I have had!

Don