After moving the forums to the root of CigarPass.com, some images appear broken. Please check your signatures, posts, etc to ensure your embedded images are correctly showing. If not, you may need to update the image path location.

Johnny-O short

Discussion in 'Cigar Reviews' started by DePasta, Apr 19, 2017.

1. DePasta

DePasta Stop it! That tickles!

Jul 23, 2005
    Louisville
    So I am still around and check in from time to time. Recently ordered a 40 pack of Johnny-O shorts. As usual service was great.

Couldnt resist smoking 1 out of the box and felt compelled by the cigar gods to share my experience.

Lit it up while washing my recently acquired camper.

As with other cigars it started off with a hint of tangy sweetness I find when smoking them fresh. This was followed by some mellow creamy leather goodness...toward the end of the first third the cigar progressed to hints of pepper.

I had to sit down as I found myself overpuffing while working and letting it get hot, however this didn't impact the burn or flavor. Second third presented a bit more pepper mixed in with some earthy goodness.

The ash was the dark gray color represented by Cubans throughout. The final third presented some good spice and the burn was flawless throughout.

Not regretting my decision a bit. Will lay some down and this will definitely be a staple in the humidor. With a kid and college this fits the budget nicely as well.

First post in a while, will see of I can keep it up...

bchem, golfgar, tone-ny and 9 others like this.
  2. Acclaym

Acclaym Moderation in Moderation

Jun 14, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    I have yet to try the shorts. Added to the list...

3. vortex

vortex "A billion Eddie Barzoons jogging into the future

May 5, 2006
    Newark, DE
    Mmmm!

4. jstars10

jstars10 Member

May 25, 2006
    Buffalo NY
    Where do you buy JohnnyO cigars I can't seem to figure it out

5. DePasta

DePasta Stop it! That tickles!

Jul 23, 2005
    Louisville
    search is your friend, it is right under your nose......

tone-ny likes this.
  6. jstars10

jstars10 Member

May 25, 2006
    Buffalo NY
    I did try and search but no email or web site. I tried google and different forums and I am still unable to find. Some help would be very much appreciated

7. tone-ny

tone-ny I smoke therefore I am!

Nov 24, 2004
    NY/NJ/SC
    Real simple go to Cigar Retailer Section, click on it and you'll see Johnny O, Dec, 2011. Click on the thread and bingo, doesn't get any easier than that. All the cigars and such are on the first page.

bchem and CMontoya79 like this.