• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Johnny Walker Double Black Limited Edition~

Almost took a bottle of it to the cigar lounge tonight but I went with Aberlour 12 instead, which was a HUGE hit with the guys. Maybe next time.

~Boar

Good move. Aberlour 12 is a superior product. Double Black has a comically-short finish. Was not impressed.

Good move. Aberlour 12 is a superior product. Double Black has a comically-short finish. Was not impressed.

I didn't get that impression at all. The smokiness seemed to hang around on the tongue for a bit longer than most. But then again, the 2 times I drank it I was also smoking a cigar...if that has anything to do with it ???

. . . is quite nice, actually.

This showed up at my local megastore, Spec's. Naturally, as a longtime fan of JWB, I just had to have one, and naturally, it being Friday, I had to crack it open right after dinner. :laugh:

The bottle itself is transparent black glass, but otherwise consistent with other JW offerings in terms of size, shape, and packaging. Very nice looking. Color in the glass is similar to JWB, although perhaps a bit redder. Nose is similar, with a bit more smoke.

Tastewise, the easiest way to describe it is as cross between JWB and Laphroiag---definitely much smokier and more robust and muscular than JWB, but just as smooth and with the characteristic flavor profile . . . just turned up quite a few notches.

Mouth feel is excellent, full-bodied and slightly oily, with a nice long finish. I'm enjoying it immensely, and will definitely be buying another bottle. I paid $35 for it and would call it a bargain at that price.

Recommended!

~Boar

Indeed a nice JW... My guess would be more Coal il in the mix to get the smoky side out more