• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Juan Lopez Obus RE France 2006

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Another nice looking belicoso cigar with a Colorado shade wrapper that is somewhat coarse with veins throughout and noticeable oils. The weight is good in the hand and a slight give when squeezed. I clip the cap at an angle and find a spot on draw.

Beginning 1/3
I put fire to the foot and get a good white pepper spice on the back of the throat with taste of vanilla, cocoa, wood, nuts, and dark brown sugar. The smoke itself is a medium body with a lasting finish. There’s a salty sweetness on the lips that is quite good. The burn is fairly sharp with a medium gray ash forming.

Middle 1/3

Halfway in and the cigar still has a good burn with a strong whitish gray ash that is holding strong. Tastes of vanilla, cocoa, and roasted nuts continue to come through with a nice spice on the back of the throat. Towards the last part of the middle third, the finish seemed to turn slightly short, but still very good on the palate.

Final 1/3
The burn wanted to go to one side, however corrected itself well. The spiciness seemed to pick up a notch and had a good burn when exhaling from the nose. Flavors darkened slightly to a nice charred wood with earth undertones and a good dark cocoa taste. The finish wasn’t as long as in the beginning, but still very good. I’m finding my mouth to have a bit of dryness after exhaling.

Summary:
Another very good cigar with lots of creamy, light smoke that was medium in body. There was a perfect amount of spice coming through and a nice finish on the palate. The burn was sharp throughout with a strong light gray ash. Lots of good flavors came through with vanilla, cocoa, and roasted nuts and then turning darker towards the end.

This is cigar #9 in Moki’s blind cigar review 2 – Click Here

02-12-09Mokie9001.jpg

02-12-09Mokie9002.jpg

02-12-09Mokie9003.jpg

Great review Greg. This stick is on my 'need to get my hands on some' list.

I recently smoked one of these and I thought it was a great smoke. I noticed a slight citrus taste to it that you don't mention. It must be my unrefined palate. :D

Interesting wrapper color variation on the cigar you smoked. As always thanks for doing the review.