• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Aurora Preferidos Emerald Tube

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I picked up a set of the Preferidos some time back and smoked one of them, I believe it was the Platinum, and remember it being very mild for my palate. Today I’m going to try the Emerald, which has a smooth Ecuadorian Sun-Grown Sumatra wrapper that is a medium, chocolate brown and quite oily with small veins throughout. The cigar is very firm, has a good weight in the hand, and with the tapered head clipped, I find the draw to be perfect.

With the small, tapered foot torched, I take a couple puffs and then a long draw. Smoke is abundant and flowing freely with a perfect spice on the back of the throat. Flavors are that of rich, toasted nuts and a delicious woodiness with a good medium bodied smoke leaving a lasting finish.

The burn is sharp with a medium gray ash forming that falls off easily when I tapped the cigar against the ashtray. Smoke continues to flow well through the perfect draw with an excellent cinnamon spice hitting the tongue just right. Excellent woody notes come through in the medium to full bodied smoke with hints of roasted nut and what seems like a nice coffee liqueur. Fantastic smoke so far!

Halfway in and the cigar is really revealing itself. The smoke is a very good full body, sitting perfectly on the palate leaving an incredibly good finish once exhaled. It’s really fitting my palate very well. A very light gray ash is building and holding well until ashed, leaving a perfectly flat burn.

This was an incredibly good cigar, much better than the one I remember having before. A superb burn, perfect draw, plentiful full-bodied smoke with rich flavors of wood and nuts. I very much enjoyed the size and perfecto shape as well with the tapered ends. I thoroughly enjoyed this smoke to the very end.

05-15-09LAPreferidoEmerald001.jpg

05-15-09LAPreferidoEmerald002.jpg

05-15-09LAPreferidoEmerald003.jpg

DSC04483.jpg

05-15-09LAPreferidoEmerald004.jpg

I've been wanting to try one of these for a while and have never bit the bullet. May have to pick some up soon. Nice review man.

Nice review! I have one of these sitting in my humi, I think I will break it out on this long weekend!

Edit:

I have had the gold one, it was also a fantastic smoke!

Between the Preferido Lancero, the Emerald Tube, Cien Anos and this smoke; LA is quickly becoming one of my favorite cigar makers. Great review Greg.

I smoked one that had a year on it, it was one of the best cigars I've smoked. If I buy a box, it's going to get stashed for a year.

Great review for a great smoke, I agree the Emerald and the Ruby (Maduro) are top notch smokes. For a while this smoke was a celebratory thing that my friends and I all gifted each other on special occasions they have a gorgeous presentation and are a great smoke.

I have a couple of them that have been sleeping for about 2 years now might be time to enjoy one.

Thanks the great post and for reminding me about these beaut's.