• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor de Cano Petit Coronas

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
Opened my eyes at 7 am this morning, had every intention of getting up, however the next thing I know I roll over and see the clock is showing 9 am. Was some good sleepin’ going on for sure. After getting the coffee going, I sift through a couple loose stick boxes looking for a smaller stick to put fire to, and come across a LFDC PC gifted by Mike (Keysersoze). Perfect! Head out to the back porch and what a beautiful morning with clear, baby blue sky and temps right at 70F. Excellent!

The cigar is covered with a sleeve of cedar with the band on the outside. After removing the cedar, I find the wrapper a golden brown with one prominent vein running the length and a nice oily sheen. It has a good weight to it, a slight give when squeezed, and with the cap punched a perfect draw with a good, straightforward tobacco taste coming through.

With fire to the foot, I take a couple puffs, then a long draw and get a perfect cinnamon spice on the back of the throat. The smoke itself is a mild to medium in strength with the body seemingly light on the palate. Rich flavors come through, that of a light golden honey, toasted cashew, and cedar wood. Very delicious smoke right from the get go.

The burn is sharp with compact layers of a medium gray ash forming. A third in and the smoke is flowing effortlessly in the perfect draw, increasing to a good medium in strength with the spice picking up as well to what seems like a white pepper. Flavors continue to be rich and delicious with a finish lasting long after exhaling.

Heading into halfway, the medium gray ash falls on its own into the ashtray. The burn continues to be sharp with the draw spot on, allowing a perfect amount of smoke to flow through which seems to increase even more in strength, to that of a medium to almost full. White pepper spice is hitting the back of the throat just right with flavors rich and the finish long on the palate.

I know now why Mike says this is one of his favorite low budget smokes as it was incredibly good. For right around $3 a cigar, not bad at all! I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar with sharp burn, perfect draw, rich and delicious flavors, and lasting finish. Thanks Mike for the opportunity to try out this cigar.

10-03-09LFDCPC001.jpg

DSC01616.jpg

10-03-09LFDCPC002.jpg

10-03-09LFDCPC003.jpg

DSC01610.jpg

DSC01609.jpg

DSC01606.jpg

Im starting to wonder if you own a bad cigar. All your reviews make me want to go to my B&M. Nice review once again, thanks for sharing.

I like la flor de cano cigars. I picked up a box of selectos a while back, and while I prefer a JLP, these are a close second in my "budget" cigar selection.

One thing I really like about them is that they can be "ridden hard" with little ill effect to the flavor.

Thanks for another great review!

Great review and pics Greg. These are definately a solid inexpensive smoke worth trying.

Bob

Great review Greg! I've never had one of these before, sounds like I will have to change that. You can't beat a great go to smoke that is that cheap! :)

Greg, thanks for a great review. Usually I go with the Por Larranagas for a budget morning smoke, but I think I'll have to give these a shot.
Looks like you have some happy pets too!

I can't believe nobody's mentioned the tobacco plant. :laugh: