• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor Dominicana Outlaw Cigar 2007

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
(Smoked on 5/9/10)

It was chilly out this morning with temps right around the fifty degree mark, the brisk breeze blowing making it feel even colder. The wife wanted a big meal of pulled barbecue pork for Mother’s day, so had rubbed a Boston butt ( :D ) the day before and let it sit in the fridge all night. Mmmm boy did it smell good when I dropped that butt in the crock pot. I went ahead and made home made slaw in the afternoon, and when done headed out with the family to enjoy the warmed up (not by much) day.

I decided to take a beer with me that I’d had for a little while now, actually looked like champagne, and after popping the cork it reminded me of it a little. Was sweet, tart, almost like an apple cider with bubbles and a beer taste, and unfortunately I didn’t care a lot for it. I also brought out a LFD Bad to the Bone custom stick from the 2007 Outlaw event. My good buddy Alan (Lilbastage) sent this stick to me back in Nov 08, so thank you very my Alan! The medium to golden brown wrapper is smooth, silky looking with slight oil and one prominent vein. It seems to have a good weight in the hand, good bunching in the foot, and with the cap punched (nice little pigtail on top) I find a perfect draw of straightforward tobacco.

After getting the foot lit and burning well, I take a few puffs and then a long draw that brings a perfect amount of spice, enough to tingle the tongue and throat but not so much to overpower. I find the smoke a good medium in strength and very smooth with a delicious bread, wood, and toasted nut taste coming through. The finish was short the first couple of draws, however after that it became very lasting and very good!

About an inch in and the burn is sharp with a medium gray ash forming that holds strong until tapped off. Medium strength smoke is flowing well through the perfect draw, richness has come forward and is delicious on the palate when slowly exhaling. Flavors remain consistent as well as the spice, but that richness in the finish is incredible!

Right at reaching the halfway mark, a couple of my old friends call on the cell and say they’re going to stop over. A few minutes later, Ray is enjoying the beer quite well (thank goodness) and Lance, well…Lance is just being himself. :laugh: We head in so I can get busy on pulling the pork and although it’s blasphemy, I put the LFD down in the ashtray and simply didn’t get time to go back to it for a couple hours, and it was just too late to really enjoy it. But, from what I got out the first half it was definitely an excellent cigar!

05-09-10LFDOutlaw001.jpg

05-09-10LFDOutlaw002.jpg

Nice review Greg. I love the 2007 and I think I've had one of the 2008s, but I can't remember the blend at the moment. I think the 2007 was the Diez blend with the Habano wrapper? Or maybe the Oscuro? At any rate, I love them and it sounds like you do to.

Ha! I just smoked the one I had on Saturday! It was a hell of a cigar, very nice indeed. I'm kind of becoming an LFD whore. :laugh:

Shlamiel, shlamazel, hassenfeffer corporated!

Sorry, that's how my mind works
blush.gif

Great review, Greg.

That's actually one of the 2008 Outlaw event LFDs. They put the 2007 bands on them for some reason, but they're from the 2008 event. THIS POST shows the differences.

I love LFDs, and it's one of the best LFDs I've had.

Great review, Greg.

That's actually one of the 2008 Outlaw event LFDs. They put the 2007 bands on them for some reason, but they're from the 2008 event. THIS POST shows the differences.

I love LFDs, and it's one of the best LFDs I've had.

Agreed! The 08 custom is up there in my top 5 favorite smokes.

Yes, the ’08 was an excellent cigar. The ’07 is good, but not great. The ’06 is the type of thing dreams are made of.

Yes, the ’08 was an excellent cigar. The ’07 is good, but not great. The ’06 is the type of thing dreams are made of.
Yes...yes they are. By far, the 06 is the best LFD I have ever smoked.

Yes, the '08 was an excellent cigar. The '07 is good, but not great. The '06 is the type of thing dreams are made of.
Yes...yes they are. By far, the 06 is the best LFD I have ever smoked.

I am down to one of the 06 model, and don't know if/when I will smoke it!

I have 1/2 a box of the '06 and the fuggers are STILL oily. best cigar ever and I still fear that they are still that strong.

I think its the 06 that is probably the best Litto cigar released. I've given away most of the box I had and now I kick myself in the ass for not coughing up the dough for a couple extra boxes. Hindsight 20/20 is a real biotch sometimes. :laugh:

Someone should kick down an '06 to Greg to do a review...:whistling: