• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

La Flor Dominicana Salomon

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It is definitely a beautiful day with plenty of sun and a gorgeous blue sky. The temperature gauge is reading 60F, however a fairly decent wind is blowing making it feel a tad bit cooler. I received a La Flor Dominicana Salomon from Jamie (Jy0567) about a week ago and have been very much looking forward to smoking this cigar. After filling up on a nice ham sandwich with Havarti cheese and hot mustard for lunch, I went to the humi, grabbed up the cigar, and headed out back to relax and enjoy the afternoon.

This was a very nice looking cigar with excellent construction. The dark chocolate wrapper was smooth with noticeable oils and two very small veins. There was no give to the cigar when squeezed, and after clipping the head at an angle I found a very nice draw with tastes of raisins and fresh tobacco.

I put fire to the tapered foot and took several short puffs to get it going. It was slow to burn at first, and the fire wanted to go to one side a couple of times. I took my time and took slow puffs, light purges, and did several small touch-ups to get the burn to stay even. When the burn reached the largest diameter of the foot, I took a long, slow draw. Now, I had expected to get a blast of powerful LFD strength with loads of pepper, which is typical of this marca, however I was completely and utterly wrong in my expectations.

My first draw was of a perfect mild to medium bodied smoke with light white pepper spice on the back of the tongue and throat. Incredible flavors of chocolate, cinnamon, sweet raisin, and rich earth came through. There was a silky, creaminess to the smoke that seemed to coat the tongue leaving a long, lasting finish that was simply fantastic. This was one of those times where I kept looking at the cigar going, “Wow.”

I found the draw had a perfect amount of resistance and an ample amount of smoke was produced from the sharp burn. A strong, medium gray ash formed, and I let it go until it finally ashed itself at about the halfway mark. I was continuously smacking my lips as the flavor was truly delicious, tastes of chocolate and cinnamon on the front with notes of leather and dark earth underneath. There is an incredibly delicious twang in the smoke that I’ve only found in certain types of cigars. Fantastic!

This was one incredible smoke, quite complex with a perfect medium body and long finish that was lasting on the palate. I have to say, without a doubt, this was the best LFD I’ve ever smoked. To answer your question Jamie, yes, this was definitely worth the price. A HUGE thanks to you for allowing me the opportunity to sample such a fine cigar, thank you.

01-10-09LFDSalamon001.jpg

01-10-09LFDSalamon002.jpg

01-10-09LFDSalamon003.jpg

01-10-09LFDSalamon004.jpg

01-10-09LFDSalamon005.jpg

01-10-09LFDSalamon006.jpg

01-10-09LFDSalamon007.jpg

01-10-09LFDSalamon008.jpg

01-10-09LFDSalamon009.jpg

Greg,

Very nice review on a smoke I was curious of.... I like the Ham and Havarti cheese before too, classic :thumbs:

I am looking very forward to trying mine. The box is so very unusual and grand, just what I would expect from my main man Litto. I love thaat guy!

Great review Greg.

Greg,

It was my pleasure sending you this cigar. After countless wonderful reviews there was no question in my mind that you were the man for this job. Im so hyped up now that i think tomorrow i will have to finally burn one myself. Thanks for all that you do here Greg.

Best wishes my friend.

Greg is DEFINITELY the man for the job to review these beasts. I just got in a couple boxes, and while they look beautiful, I was curious to know if they were as good as they look. Great review, Greg. Thanks.

Excellent review Greg as usual. Is this style band slowly making its way across all of the LFD line?

Excellent review Greg as usual. Is this style band slowly making its way across all of the LFD line?

Yes. This will appear throughout all their lines, except probably the LG line. I would say that maybe all their stuff has now undergone the change to the new band. Could be wrong, though.

Oh that is just great! Another cigar I want to try. :angry:

Thanks for the review and you dog is kind of fat.

Another great review!

Being new here I always look forward to your reviews. They're always very detailed and informative. Your photo spreads are top notch too!

Keep 'em coming!

Nice review. Sounds like a really nice cigar. LFD has been putting out some really nice smokes the past few years.
I suppose I'll have to find some of these now----GREG!
:laugh:

I've been wanting to try these things ever since they came out, and now I REALLY want to try one. Great review!

That is a monster!!
Thanks for the review and the pics make it much better.
Hope I'll get the chance to try this one sometime soon.

Rod,

Please look into the IP addresses associated with Greg's account. It has obviously been hacked by an imposter, because we all know that Greg punches every cigar he smokes.

:sign:

Thanks for yet another great review. The pics are fantastic... gotta love the LFDs!