• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Le Hoyo du Prince 1999

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
I really love this time of year where the temps are just right, shame it can’t be this nice all year round. After the coffee had finished brewing, I went digging for something to smoke with a fresh cup and came across the Le Hoyo Du Prince Bill (Whopper) gifted to me a couple weeks ago, was good to see you again Bill. The cigar is petit corona size with excellent construction, the wrapper a medium brown and full of oils glistening in the sun telling me the cigar has been very well taken care of. It has a good weight in the hand, is firm when squeezed with no soft spots to be found, and after punching the cap I’m very pleased to find the draw absolutely perfect with a somewhat musty taste of mature tobacco.

Billowing white smoke is produced once the foot is lit and after several quick puffs, I take my first draw that brings a small amount of spice on the back of the tongue. I’m finding the smoke a mild to almost medium strength at first, the body is somewhat heavy with a bit of oiliness left on the palate. Flavors are quite rich; tastes of coffee and what seems like herbal notes are left in the lasting finish.

Further in the burn is sharp, and unfortunately I accidentally drop the cigar with about a quarter inch of ash that was very dark and compact layers. The smoke seems to build in strength to a really good medium with the spice picking up as well, hitting my palate just right. Flavors are working perfectly with my coffee, an excellent pairing, with the finish delicious and lasting.

This ended up being one strong little smoke towards the final third with sharp burn that had a very strong, dark gray ash. The medium to full strength smoke flowed well through the perfect draw the entire smoke, and flavors were rich and full with coffee, herbal notes, and dark earth that were seemingly complex in the long, lasting finish. Many thanks Bill for allowing me the opportunity to try such a fine cigar.

Hope everyone is having an excellent weekend!

10-10-10LHDPrince003.jpg

10-10-10LHDPrince001.jpg

10-10-10LHDPrince002.jpg

IMG_4441.jpg