• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Los Angeles wildfires

The Black Cloud

I myself have not been effected beyond traffic and air quality concerns, but I have friends who've had to be evacuated. Just starting this thread in case some of our members are in trouble and need help. Seems like every morning I wake up to news of new fires starting. Anyway, hopefully everyone here is okay.

Stay safe, and the entire area is in my thoughts. A coworker's family is threatened there, and I have some friends who have evacuated, elsewhere. Very scary times. Everything else is replaceable, though. Stay safe.

I hope they use satellite tech to determine where, when, and how these are starting. I smell a rat. Too many separate fires in too short a time to be a statistically probable accident. Prayers sent for those affected.

I want to know how California is still habitual with so many fires, riots, mudslides and earthquakes? People in Nevada must be waiting for some beach front property.

Earthquakes: San Andreas fault; ring of fire.
Fires: low rainfall coupled with record heat. (The record rainfall we got last season produced a lot of vegetation which dried out during the summer and now is a ticking time bomb).
Mudslides: hill/mountainous topography that doesn't see much rainfall and can't handle it when it does come, in addition to poor drainage in many parts. This is exacerbated by scorched land from wildfires.
Riots: numerous reasons I won't get into.