• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Los Blancos Criollo Robusto

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s turned out to be an absolutely perfect day with temps in the mid 80’s, lots of sun, and a nice, cool breeze blowing. I whipped up a big batch of beef jerky and the house is smelling really good (teriyaki) and has my stomach rumbling, but will be about six hours or so before it’s ready. I decided to head out to the walnut tree with some Ten Fidy and another one of the Los Blancos cigars received from Andy (Cigarman Andy), the Criollo robusto. This cigar has a natural colored Habano Criollo wrapper grown in the Honduras that has noticeable oil, slight tooth, anc one prominent vein running the length. It has a slight give when squeezed, however I can find no major soft spots. After punching the cap, I find the draw perfect with a sweet, somewhat rich tobacco taste coming through.

With the foot lit, I take a couple puffs and let it sit for a bit, then a couple more and let it rest again. After several seconds I take a couple more quick puffs and then a long draw getting a nice white pepper spice on the back of the tongue and throat. The smoke seems to be between mild to medium strength with a silky smooth body over the palate and flavors of baked bread, wood, and hints of a sweet vanilla in the finish.

As I get further in, the burn starts to run to one side quite a bit, and I’m finding it difficult to get good smoke through even after puffing a good bit. The ash that has formed is a dull gray, almost looks to have a tan color to it, and is holding well enough. Unfortunately the burn is pretty bad, requiring a good bit of touching up to straighten out. I do however get a good draw of smoke after puffing a few times, finding the strength around medium with the body full and smooth over the palate. Flavors are really rich, reminding me a great deal of a Partagas SD4 as I exhale the smoke, the finish really close to it in my opinion.

Halfway and into the final third, the burn continued to run quite a bit requiring more touching-up, which was a shame as I really feel this would have been an unbelievably fantastic cigar. When I did get a good draw through, it was really good. I mean, really, really good. Rich and creamy with a perfect amount of spice on the back of the throat, the finish just amazing to my palate.

I have to say that even with the burn issues, this was to me an even better smoke than the Nine lancero I smoked earlier this morning. There was just something about the flavors in the finish that made me want more and more. I repeat again, it reminded me a great deal of a Partagas SD4 profile, that baked bread and maybe a hint of ginger spice was simply incredible. This was a fantastic cigar Andy, thanks so much for sending! I’m really looking forward to the last two Los Blancos now!

07-03-10LosBlancosCriolloRobusto001.jpg

07-03-10LosBlancosCriolloRobusto002.jpg

07-03-10LosBlancosCriolloRobusto003.jpg

07-03-10LosBlancosCriolloRobusto004.jpg