• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MADURO VS. OSCURO???

Favorite inexpensive Maduro & Connecticut cigars w/ price per stick...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Actually I have never bought from Thompson, so I have no personal experience to share. But some other company STG just paid big bucks, $62,000,000.00, so that apprently say Thompson had value to STG to pay that much for Thompson.

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2018/02/01/tampa-cigar-company-sells-for-62-million.html

A lot of people say that florida oranges are the best. I tend to disagree. Per capita, Spain produces far more oranges than the US. In fact, Spain out produces the US in gross sales too. In 2016 Spain produced 1.2 billion dollars in oranges (25% of all orange exports) and the US only produced 647 million in oranges (a pawltry 12.9%). And while florida produces MORE oranges than other states, most oranges in Florida end up going towards making orange juice instead of being eaten. Most oranges that are consumed whole actually come from California. When life gives you oranges... make orange-aid.

Wait, were we not talking about oranges?

You're illustrating your lack of knowledge. Thompson's is a pariah and a parasitic marketing engine, little more. Which is why, I'm sure, their operation and mailing lists were of value. And, if what you're looking for are bundles of discounted mid to crap smokes, they are probably a great place.

You know, there are some surprising folks on this forum hiding behind their screen names. There is so much to learn, it's an opportunity that you're overlooking. Hard to impart the years of experience and lessons learned to someone that knows everything.

You're illustrating your lack of knowledge. Thompson's is a pariah and a parasitic marketing engine, little more. Which is why, I'm sure, their operation and mailing lists were of value. And, if what you're looking for are bundles of discounted mid to crap smokes, they are probably a great place.

Apprently STG will not be getting your name, e-mail, and mail address as part of their buying Thompson. Because you apprently dislike Thompson.

The funny thing is there is a B & M near where I live, where the owner hates online competitors, mention the words online in his shop, he goes into a tirade, but he also welcomes online orders from their Snowbird customers who return to the Midwest, Northeast, etc., for their summers. Can you say hypocrite?

Wonder how the summer home city B & M owners feel about their locals people buying from that guy in AZ, where they have a winter home?

The old news is mail order marketing, has been replaced by online marketing. Recall years ago having my mail box flooded with sale fliers, and catalogs. Now it is my e-mail being flooded with the latest greatest Cigar sales daily. Still do once in a blue moon get print advertising mailed, again I welcome it.

I personally welcome the e-mails ads, sale notifications, deals of the day, as occasionally I get something I want at a really great price, money doesn't gown on trees, at least in the Sonoran desert.

You're just a lonely old man, who needs junk mail from the likes of Thompson's to validate his existence.

Doc

As I alluded to, it's hard to learn, even from experienced folks, when you know everything.

Are you kidding me? He has no respect for the rules. He's 22 and knows it all. I no longer have the time and patience to educate him. BTW, I don't remember you being a jerk.

Doc
I never said I know it all, jackass. I know a fair amount about cigars but they aren't my calling. If you don't like me so much why do you keep replying to me?

If someone has a better answer, good for them. At least I tried to answer OP's question, not babble garbage and start an argument.

Last edited:
You're just a lonely old man, who needs junk mail from the likes of Thompson's to validate his existence.

Doc

I believe I told you I never had dealing with Thompson, after you asked a question.

But I will now ask you a question, do you ever buy from online retailers, or are you 100% B & M buyer?

I actually read this link, apprently Thompson is guilty of the same hyping products like many of their competitors. Most big companies have marketing departments, with copy writer, and talented graphic people to make you want to buy their offerings.

Sadly there are not many truths when it comes down to dollar & cents, it all about making money. Having actually spent 30 years being self - employeed. I will say it was fun, interesting, had many great experiences. But when the internet killed my business, I sold off my equiptment, and moved on.

I believe I told you I never had dealing with Thompson, after you asked a question.

But I will now ask you a question, do you ever buy from online retailers, or are you 100% B & M buyer?
I live in a state with no cigar taxes. My B$M's prices are about the same as most internet dealers. But prices aren't the issue when it comes to Thompson's. It's condition and being on their mailing list.
I never said I know it all, jackass. I know a fair amount about cigars but they aren't my calling. If you don't like me so much why do you keep replying to me?

If someone has a better answer, good for them. At least I tried to answer OP's question, not babble garbage and start an argument.
So you admit to having no respect for the rules.

Doc

Last edited:
I live in a state with no cigar taxes. My B$M's prices are about the same as most internet dealers. But prices aren't the issue when it comes to Thompson's. It's condition and being on their mailing list.

So you admit to having no respect for the rules.

Doc
Hey look. Still here Doc :D

Hey look. Still here Doc :D
Yes, but why? If you’re here to be a positive member of the forum, take a day, try to absorb why you’ve gotten a negative reaction around here, apologize to the established members you’ve offended, and try to rebuild. If you’re only here to troll, move on. Get a better hobby. Coin collecting sounds interesting, focus on that instead.

I think it is actually a good sign Doc, I was young here once, talking about the amazing Gurkhas I was smoking.....
I think I turned out alright......Education, patience, and thick skin was the key

T

Who are you?

Very true, many of us had similar journeys. I made my first (and only) order from Thompsons. I had to move twice to get them to drop me from the mailing list.

I spoke too soon. I placed an order with Thompsons in May 2010 from Iraq. They found me again -- I got their catalog in the mail yesterday. Looks like I have to move again!

Reactions: MX