Maiden Box Purchase

Discussion in 'General Cigar Discussion' started by smellysell, Aug 31, 2018.

1. smellysell

smellysell Go Vols!!!

Inspired by the other thread, what was your first box purchase?

Mine was a box of Chateau Fuente robustos.

cohibasurfer and jbfurdog like this.
  2. jfields

jfields Where did all my money go?

Jan 25, 2007
    Fredericksburg, VA
    It was in the mid to late 90’s and was a Honduran cigar called El Paraiso by Plasencia. Godawful when I look back at it!
    I just threw them away this last June because I couldn’t even give them away to any of my friends, and they were taking up too much valuable space.

jbfurdog likes this.
  3. jbfurdog

jbfurdog Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2015
    Ohio
    First box was some Don Lucas Robustos from the DR Factory after the tour. That was when I started smoking cigars. The next box after becoming educated by the crew here was pardon 2000 Maduros.

4. thinde

thinde Lobstah; the other white meat!

Feb 24, 2008
    Connecticut
    Used smoke Moneymakers and Toppers at the college party’s and for a long time after. My first real box of what I thought was a quality stick was Macanudo Hampton Court. Went for 4 or 5 years without smoking anything else. I was happy until I found the devil site and soon after that came CP now I’m to totally fu****!

5. CMontoya79

CMontoya79 Newb Le professional!

Dec 8, 2008
    Denver,CO
    Reinado cigars.

6. cody5thou

cody5thou Supporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Plano,Tx
    La Aurora 1903 Ltd Robusto

CMontoya79 likes this.
  7. Johnny B

Johnny B Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Kennewick, WA
    My first "box" of cigars were actually a bundle of Flor Del Todos from CI back in 2003... I was all about value and really wish I had found this group much sooner...

I've been a 5 pack kind of guy because I've tried to figure out what I like before dropping more money that I could justify, just to try something new that I liked.

Thanks to you guys, I've been turned onto some exquisite sticks and marcas and has since been picking up boxes of some real great smokes!

Edit: Grammer

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  8. smellysell

smellysell Go Vols!!!

Oh, I actually bought a bundle of Connies before the Chateau Fuentes now that you mention it!

CMontoya79 and Johnny B like this.
  9. bfreebern

bfreebern Yada, Yada, Yada.

Jun 22, 2004
    Tulsa
    I scored a box of Puros Indios off Cbid, for $50, thought i was in heaven. This was probably in 2000-2001. Cigars are gone, but I still have those wooden boxes.

thinde likes this.
  10. jfields

jfields Where did all my money go?

Jan 25, 2007
    Fredericksburg, VA
    I remember those actually being pretty good smokes at the time. Not sure if I’d say the same now, but definitely good then.

bfreebern likes this.
  11. kann

kann One Leg Of Fury.

Apr 29, 2011
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    A friend of mine stationed in Honduras at the time sent me a box of those out of the blue right around the 2000'ish, maybe. I'd had the occasional cigar with him when we were deployed to Germany a while prior, and those are what really started me down the road of legit "cigar smoker" rather than just someone who accepts and puffs on a cigar if the occasion comes about.

bfreebern likes this.
  12. singlguy9

singlguy9 New Member

Jun 4, 2018
    Jarrettsville, MD
    can't remember which order I got them...……..I purchased a box of Te Amo pyramids and a cabinet of 50 Punch Roth EMS many moons ago from JR's, I think I got the Punch cab on sale for 79.99 (lonnnnnng time ago!!).

13. The Black Cloud

The Black Cloud Well-Known Member

Technically my first "box" was a bunch of Macanudo seconds thrown in a spare box. The first brand new box I remember ever ordering were RyJ Belicosos. Long time ago.

14. cohibasurfer

cohibasurfer Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2001
    Cali
    S Vegas Classic Torpedo

jfields likes this.
  15. Kid Montana

Kid Montana Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Here in the Dark
    My first full box purchase was a box of (Altadis) Romeo y Julieta Cedros 1875 Deluxe No. 2. I thought they were excellent at the time and I still think they're pretty good.

bfreebern likes this.
  16. Nihon_Ni

Nihon_Ni 真喜志友幸

May 2, 2010
    Fredericksburg, VA
    My first box was a split of Padron 6000s with Kid Montana when we were in Iraq. My first full box was a cab of PLPCs after I got home.

jfields and bfreebern like this.