• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Matching Glasses with Spirits and Beers.

When I drink I always use these...

red_solo_cup%2000.jpg

I have a cabinet devoted entirely to wine, beer, and spirits glassware. There is certainly a difference with the right glass. For my go to glassware, I use a glen cairn for my scotch or bourbons, and a tulip for most brews. That being said I have many different glasses for different styles, and use accordingly.

Plus, it just looks friggen awesome when you open the cabinet.

I retried my Glancarin glasses yesterday (with a Lagavulin dist ed 90 :) and I think I'll go on the hunt for some different type of glass for my scotch. The tulip shape concentrate the smell too much for my liking I tend to like a more open glass (now confirmed) to get a better sense of the perfume..

Friend bought me a ravenscroft decanter and whiskey glasses for my bday. These are great. I believe AVB said he used them as well.

I use Riedel Brandy Brandy/Cognac glasses for my scotch. I tried the Glencarin, but just didn't like drinking out of it. I am thinking about getting the Riedel Scotch glasses to try out.

I just bought 4 of these after Ray posted in another thread about whiskey specific glasses. I had always used 'on-the-rocks' glasses forever and really did find them a bit clumsy at times. These are definitely smaller (small juice glass size) and I can really nose the scotch better...as for detecting any difference in taste of the scotch/bourbon of choice, I honestly can say at this point I don't.

But the glasses are very cool and hold just the right amount per pour. Using a smaller glass allows me to drink more different varieties per sitting as I'm pouring a smaller amount each time than the bigger glasses I had been using. This has REALLY changed the way I drink scotch especially, I tend to drink at least two different varieties at one sitting and that I like! The whole comparison thing has ramped up my interest tremendously.

I have a whole cabinet of different glasses shapes sizes for my beer drinking. Most of the good liqure stores around here with good beer selections sell glasses now. So I believe it is finally catching on.

I try to keep it simple most of the time. I understand the importance of the glass, but dont want 50 different glass shapes sitting around. So for beer, if it's a small beer(<10%) then into a Schotz tulip it goes. Anything at or above 10% goes into a brandy snifter. Scotch, bourbon, and rum go into an 8 oz. tumbler, although I have been looking into another, more specific option for this...