• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mexican cigar shopping

I've only been to Cancun and always bring my own. The only two places I would trust is the LCDH and the Duty Free Shop at the airport. Although I have to say Walmart's walk in had a great selection and I can't imagine them trying to pass off fakes but I didn't buy anything there. I made the mistake of telling a fellow tourist staying at the same resort that he shouldn't buy anything in a glass top and the guy basically told me to mind my own business, so I said good luck and walked away.

I've only been to Cancun and always bring my own. The only two places I would trust is the LCDH and the Duty Free Shop at the airport. Although I have to say Walmart's walk in had a great selection and I can't imagine them trying to pass off fakes but I didn't buy anything there. I made the mistake of telling a fellow tourist staying at the same resort that he shouldn't buy anything in a glass top and the guy basically told me to mind my own business, so I said good luck and walked away.
You can't help stupid!

Doesn't Walmart sell refurbed goods regularly? I wouldn't trust them with a hairdryer let alone a cigar, but I'm biased.

Doesn't Walmart sell refurbed goods regularly? I wouldn't trust them with a hairdryer let alone a cigar, but I'm biased.
Next time you're in Cancun check it out. Nice 12' x 10' stand alone cedar walk in that looked like a shed. Came with its own little old lady that watched every move you made.

I just got back from Riviera Cancun two days ago. It took all could muster to keep from even talking to the vendors selling their fake stuff. Just not worth my time, and they'd be back the next day anyway.

My friend getting married wanted to buy 30 cigars for her wedding. So she asked that I help her out once we got there. I said nope, I'll buy them now and hand carry them there myself.

Mission complete.

Intre

Even when I was in Cuba, I met more than one person who were buying "real" Cubans from the guys who stand outside of LCDH.

Hell, you can't tell anybody anything, full stop
It's amazing how calcified we are. Mostly false pride, I figure. The first step in learning anything is admitting your own ignorance and that is as rare an ability as knowing when to shut up.

Of course, many of the retailers do know they are fakes.

I've never told a retailer that, but I do take a close look before purchasing when in Cabo. Of course the "retailers" in the marina near where the cruise ships come in at are always told they are selling fakes. But those guys know it. I actually have some fun messing with them from time to time. Of course for them plan B is to try and sell some other "stuff" of which I'm definitely not buying either.

I still can't believe they actually make enough to stand out there Day in and day out to be told no all the time, but maybe they are just passing time in between some other form of employment.