• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo 75 Aniversario No. 4

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
What a long week it seems to have been. It was a beautiful day yesterday with temps getting up to the lower sixties. But, of course it in the upper thirties to lower forties this morning, cloudy with rain on the way. I bundled up and headed out this morning to put fire to this Montecristo that Kurt (CigarDins) sent me this past week. It’s a smaller petit corona size with dark, milk chocolate colored wrapper, one prominent vein running the length, and a slight oiliness. It has a little give when squeezed and a soft spot approximately halfway up the stick. I punch the cap and find the draw spot on with a straightforward tobacco taste.

After putting fire to the foot and taking a couple puffs, I take a long draw and get a really good black pepper spice on the tongue and throat with the smoke itself a good medium strength. Flavors are somewhat rich and dark, quite smooth on the palate with tastes of vanilla, toasted nuts, and a hint of cocoa. There’s a decent finish that is seems somewhat clean and semi-lasting.

With about a quarter inch of ash having formed, I find it difficult to get good smoke to come through, and suddenly I see a black burn spot forming further down the smoke. A few more quick puffs and obviously there’s some serious tunneling going on and the fire has a serious run down one side, which definitely required touching-up.

Once the touch-up was done, the cigar started burning well again with medium to almost full strength smoke coming through. Medium peppery spice continued to hit the tongue and throat as well with tastes of straightforward, quite strong tobacco on the palate. I wouldn’t say it was rich, but still good nonetheless.

Towards the end, the cigar became a bit hot with a slight bitterness, however I was puffing a bit too hard at that point I think and still having some burn issues. If not for the burn issues, I would have really enjoyed this entire smoke with very good flavor and decent finish on the palate. Many thanks Kurt for sending two of these and look forward to trying the second out that will hopefully have a better burn to it.

01-16-2010Monte75Anni001.jpg

01-16-2010Monte75Anni002.jpg

01-16-2010Monte75Anni003.jpg

01-16-2010Monte75Anni004.jpg

01-16-2010Monte75Anni005.jpg

01-16-2010Monte75Anni006.jpg

01-16-2010Monte75Anni007.jpg

01-16-2010Monte75Anni008.jpg

01-16-2010Monte75Anni009.jpg

Another great review Greg :thumbs: But on a side note with no harm intended i am glad to see i was not the only one with severe burn issues :( The two i have smoked have been displeasing due to constant touch up they have required :(

Thanks for writing the review Greg!

As for that burn issues with it tunneling down the side like that, I have had 1 out of the 5 I have had do it. It was definitely annoying! Lucky I was still at the B&M that I bought them from and they replaced it for me. I still liked it enough to buy a box :)

Hopefully the second one will be a little better for you Greg!