• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Montecristo Robusto EL 2006

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s been a rough couple of weeks I tell ya. The whole family started coming down with a flu bug right at Thanksgiving and it’s been some really nasty stuff. I’m just now getting to where I can smell and taste again and decided to have a go at a Montecristo Robusto EL 2006.

The wrapper was a dark chocolate and coarse with a patchwork vein running down one side. There are no noticeable oils to the wrapper, however it’s difficult to tell as it’s a very cloudy, dark day out. I punch the triple cap and find the draw a little on the tight side, however air still flows through even with the over resistance.

Flame to the foot and smoke rolls from the embers. A couple of puffs to get it going good and the draw reveals a small amount of spice on the back of the throat with a woody, nutty flavor. Dark, rich earth and a hint of coffee bean. The smoke itself is oh, I’d say a good medium strength with a delicious short finish.

The burn is perfect with a light gray ash that holds through half the cigar and falls on it’s own accord. After the halfway mark, the strength builds only slightly and flavors of dark earth and roasted nuts continue. This cigar wasn’t what I’d call a fantastic smoke as it didn’t really knock my socks off, however it was still a very good Monte. Maybe with a few more years it could turn into an even better smoke.

12-06-08MoteRobEL06001.jpg

12-06-08MoteRobEL06002.jpg

12-06-08MoteRobEL06003.jpg

12-06-08MoteRobEL06004.jpg

12-06-08MoteRobEL06005.jpg

Hope everyone in your house is turning the corner and heading to better times. Great review of a beautiful looking stick. Sounds like it could've been better, though. Oh well, at least you could taste it!!

Fresh, these were tasty!

Earlier this year...ok.

The 2000's smoked well last year, which gives hope to these in a couple!!! :thumbs: