• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My father 1922

Josie whales

Live to ride
not impressed with this cigar! Bought a box over a year ago and not happy bad draw pepper flavor out powers the cigar just a bit of leather hard to keep lit. Maybe I got a bad box won’t buy them again. Just ranting. Thanks for listening.

not impressed with this cigar! Bought a box over a year ago and not happy bad draw pepper flavor out powers the cigar just a bit of leather hard to keep lit. Maybe I got a bad box won’t buy them again. Just ranting. Thanks for listening.
Just curious, what size did you pick up?

I’ve only smoked a few of them but can’t recall them being that harsh.

Churchill
Never had a Churchill in the 1922. Though, typically a larger smoke such as a Churchill, has a mellower profile. If you just bought these, I’d say give them time to rest. They may change and improve with some time down. I’ve had the toro, petit robusto, and the limited edition corona gorda sizes from different places. I can tell you that it’s definitely a more full type of smoke. In my experience it mellows with some time down, but still remains a fuller smoke. If you bought the box blindly, that is to say you’ve never smoked it and you just buy it. You’re bound to come across more disappointment than success. You should always sample a few singles of any smoke before you go after a box. There are cigars that cost $40 a box and those costing several hundred to several thousand dollars. Price (low or high) doesn’t equate to a better or worse cigar. Simply because there is a deal on a “highly rated” cigar, doesn’t make it a better value. Sometimes, spending a few extra dollars on a smoke you like is a better choice. Everyone will have a different opinion on what a “good” cigar is. Some don’t like maduros, some don’t like Cuban Cohibas, that’s all part of the journey, trial and error.

Happy smoking,

C

Pepin does make some pepper bombs that is for sure. Some like it(me), some don’t. Put them in the bottom of the humi and try again in a year. They sometimes mellow a bit.

Never had a Churchill in the 1922. Though, typically a larger smoke such as a Churchill, has a mellower profile. If you just bought these, I’d say give them time to rest. They may change and improve with some time down. I’ve had the toro, petit robusto, and the limited edition corona gorda sizes from different places. I can tell you that it’s definitely a more full type of smoke. In my experience it mellows with some time down, but still remains a fuller smoke. If you bought the box blindly, that is to say you’ve never smoked it and you just buy it. You’re bound to come across more disappointment than success. You should always sample a few singles of any smoke before you go after a box. There are cigars that cost $40 a box and those costing several hundred to several thousand dollars. Price (low or high) doesn’t equate to a better or worse cigar. Simply because there is a deal on a “highly rated” cigar, doesn’t make it a better value. Sometimes, spending a few extra dollars on a smoke you like is a better choice. Everyone will have a different opinion on what a “good” cigar is. Some don’t like maduros, some don’t like Cuban Cohibas, that’s all part of the journey, trial and error.

Happy smoking,

C
I have smoked a few before buying a box and I thought they were good enough to buy a box but I must of got a bad box

I've tried about five My Father cigars and havent enjoyed a single one. With all the spice and pepper I would rather just eat pepper corns with Tobasco sauce.

Last edited: