• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Father Le Bijou 1922 Churchill

Kingantz

Growing too fast.
It’s a beautiful afternoon. I recently purchased one of those fire pits and had gotten some marshmallows, Hershey bars, and graham crackers to fix up some smores, so decided to build a fire and have at it. I figured if I was going to build a fire, I’d grab a cigar to smoke as well. I grabbed a My Father Le Bijou Churchill (thank you Israel) and headed out to get a fire going, not just in the fire pit.

I pulled the cello off the cigar and unfortunately found that the wrapper had severe cracks throughout. No matter as I still planned to smoke it. The wrapper was a very dark brown with noticeable oils and one prominent vein running the length. I didn’t dare squeeze it due to the cracks already there, however it had a good weight to it, and with the cap punched I found a perfect draw with a rich tobacco taste.

After getting wood stacked nicely on top of some fat lighter, I started up the wood and had it blazing in no time. Shortly after I put fire to the cigar as well and after a few puffs, took a long draw to get a medium pepper spice on the tongue and throat. The smoke itself was a medium strength with rich flavors right from the start. Sweet, dark cocoa, a smidgen of vanilla, worn leather and cedar wood all mingled together tasting delicious.

Even with the wrapper split all to Hell, the burn was still sharp with a medium to light gray ash forming that held strong until tapped off. Pepper spice continued to come through in the medium strength smoke, hitting the palate just right. Smoke flowed effortlessly through the perfect draw with the flavors continuing to be rich, a lasting finish left on the palate.

Halfway through and into the final third, the cigar had a sharp burn with the medium strength smoke flowing perfectly, pepper spice still hitting the tongue and throat. Flavors were consistent with worn leather and cocoa being most prominent and very delicious. Exhaling slowly through the mouth and nose, there was a fantastic finish left on the palate and very lasting. I very much enjoyed this cigar, much more so than the regular My Father line. Many thanks again Israel for an excellent smoke!

Smores time!!

12-23-09MyFatherLeBijou001.jpg

DSC04676.jpg

12-23-09MyFatherLeBijou003.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it Greg! Sorry to see the wrapper was all banged up, brother. I should have checked it before sending it to you. I find the Churchill has a bit more spice to it than the toro, but I absolutely LOVE this cigar in ALL 3 vitolas.

Nice Review.

I smoked one of these yesterday. Honestly i was not impressed, the cigar did have some great flavors but dealing with the canoeing, constant relights and such flame problems. I really did not have any time to focus on the flavors. The first third was okay once the cigar was lit and stable. The best part was the 2/3 with vanilla and woody spicy flavors after that it just went down hill fast. Last 3rd went out a few times and the wrapper cracked along with my patients... Anyways, despite this i would like to try another one and see if i maybe can get a good solid smoke out of it.

Thanks

B

I smoked the Toro a couple weeks ago and thought that it was fantastic. This is the best new smoke of the year for me. Now I've got to find a box for the new year.

I smoked the Toro a couple weeks ago and thought that it was fantastic. This is the best new smoke of the year for me. Now I've got to find a box for the new year.

Here here Louie...I got a box from Isy at the Pepin herf and Jose signed them himself!...I love em :thumbs:

The wrapper on that churchill is much lighter in color than on my box of Petite Robustos. It's piqued my curiosity. I'll have to find a churchill to try and see if the flavor is different, too.

Reminds me of the box of Pepin JJ Belis I bought that had a more chocolate colored wrapper. They were very different the the darker, sweeter robusto wrapper. More complex but not as sweet.

Thanks for the heads-up, Greg!

Steve